eighteen

"I can't believe we have a month left of school." Vance pouted when we all sat down at the table.

It's honestly gone by so fast. I feel like just yesterday I got my acceptance letter.

I've gotten super close to these people, especially Ashton. I don't know what we're going to do afterwards.

But we still have a month left. "I don't even wanna think about it." Liza speaks up.

Everyone agreed with her so we changed the subject. "Are you guys coming to Erica's surprise party?" I ask them.

Erica's birthday is this Friday but we were going to throw her a party Saturday night. We're going to have it at Sam and Colby's.

She thinks we're just going to have a pizza party night at our apartment but we're going to party.

It's going to be great. The boys are going to order a bouncy house and inflatables.

Since we can't drink because of the boys baseball game, we figured we could still have fun.

We were going to get a cake for her and get a clown. She's been talking about how she wants a party with all of us.

"Oh hell yeah. Aren't they getting inflatables?" Vance asked me as he took a bite. I nodded my head as I also started eating.

"We're for sure going to be there." Ashton smiled at me. The whole week, we spent it planning her party.

When it was the day of her party, we all knew what we were doing. Sam, Kat, and Colby were going to be setting up the house and inflatables.

Vance and Ashton can't come until later. Jake and Tara were going to get the party decorations up.

Me, Liza, and Erica are going to be watching Silas and Nate play while they set everything up.

We just had to wait for an all clear for when everything's ready at Sam and Colby's.

We all rode together and I could see Erica was confused when we walked in the stadium.

"Is it just us three?" She asked looking around when we sat down.

Liza and I glanced at each other. "Yeah, everyone was crazy busy." I make up.

This might be the most chill game. She doesn't question it though. "So, what did you do for your birthday?" Liza asked her.

She explained how she went to class, came and watched the game, and then opened presents with her family.

I was right though. This game was super chill with it being us three. We talked and gossiped for about seventy percent of the game.

The other thirty we spent it cheering them on. They did end up losing though which sucked. Liza made sure to text the group chat.

They said they were still working on the inflatables so they weren't done. Silas and Nate had to go shower so we had to distract Erica.

We get in my car as I think of something. "So, I'm in the mood for Starbucks." I explain to them.

Liza instantly agreed. Erica did too so we all went to Starbucks. I ordered all of our drinks and paid for them.

Right when we pulled out of Starbucks, Colby started calling me. I know this was the all clear.

And we had the perfect conversation lined up. "Hey, baby. Everything okay?" I ask when I answer it.

I glance at Liza in the rearview mirror to see she was smiling, knowing what's about to come.

"Yeah, I think you left your hairbrush over here. You wanna come get it?" He asked just like he should.