twenty-four

I was currently hanging out with Erica at the mall. I can't remember the last time I hung out alone with Erica.

We've been so busy with everything that we haven't had the chance to hang out.

We were currently at hot topic, looking for band shirts.

"You know, you still haven't told me how you sprained your ankle." Erica told me as I propped myself on my crutches.

Whenever I know I'll be walking a lot, I use my crutches.

It was starting to hurt my underarms though. "I thought I told you." I look at her confused.

She was shaking her head towards me. "No. You should spill the tea sister." And so I did.

I told her how Ashton, Liza, and I got bored so we went to an abandoned mall and got chased out by a homeless man.

I told her how we had to climb through a large hole in the wall that was pretty far up and I fell out of it landed on my ankle wrong.

As I spoke I found a shirt I liked so I grabbed it. "How did Colby react?" She asked wanting to know.

His angry face flashed in my head. "He was not happy about it first. Him and Ashton almost fought in the hospital room." I try to joke.

Her eyes got big as she looked over at me. "Are you shitting me?" I shook my head no.

I explained to her what happened and how they got into each other's faces.

She was shaking her head while thinking about it while I grabbed another shirt.

"So, Colby's now jealous of Ashton?" She asked trying to think of it.

"Yeah, the whole situation is weird cause Colby liked Ashton up until this happened." I shake my head.

I looked to see her thinking about something. "He tends to get jealous a lot doesn't he? First Nate and now Ashton."

I took a deep breath as I went back over to the check out line. There were a few people in front of us.

"I think he got more protective than jealous with Ashton." She looked at me like I had a point.

"That's a good sign though. It shows he cares about you." She smiled.

They called us over to check out so I gave them the shirts.

I paid and we walked away from the store. Well, I hobbled away from the store.

"You ready for school being almost done?" She asked making conversation. I shrugged while thinking about it.

"Yes but no." I answer honestly. I was ready to have more free time and spend more time with friends.

It was hard having to be in class all day during the week. By the time I came home, I didn't really feel like doing much.

I know once we're finished, I'm gonna take some time for myself. I wanna spend a week or two being with friends.

"I just can't believe how fast everything went." I tell her shockingly. "What about you? You ready for your senior year?" She gave me a look.

"I just got out of my junior year, I don't want to think about it." She told me while laughing.

The day at the mall was really good. We spent a few more hours shopping and ate at the food court.

As we were sitting there, I get a FaceTime from Colby.

I answer a little worried about why he was calling. "Baby!" He yelled when I answer. I could tell he was drunk.

"Are you with Brennen?" I ask while laughing. Brennen came onto the screen and I can tell he's super drunk.