twenty-two

Ashton, Liza, and I have been in the emergency room for about an hour.

I filled out all my papers and we're waiting for a doctor to come check us out.

They gave me some pain pills for my foot since it was killing me. "You feeling any better?" Ashton asked as I gave him a thumbs up.

The pain pills were starting to kick in. "Loads." I smile towards the two.

"I'm sorry for dragging you two out here." I apologize. If it wasn't for me, we could be at the house.

I wouldn't have called and hurt my foot. Liza shook her head as she looked at me.

"It's okay. It was actually pretty fun." Liza shrugs. We started talking about all the things we saw in there.

It was pretty cool in there. As we talked, the door opened up.

It was Colby. He had worry all over his face. He looked at me, then down at my foot, and over at Ashton.

His face turned from worry to anger in less than a second. "Did you do this to her?" Colby asked with a fist clenched.

I could see Ashton get mad as he stood up, getting in my boyfriends face.

"You think I would do this to her?" Ashton asked getting pissed off.

Liza was shocked in her seat as I sit up. "Guys!" I say to them.

They weren't listening to me though and were just getting into their faces.

"I don't know since you took her to an abandoned mall that's not safe." I could see his jaw tense and clenched.

"You blaming me now, huh?" Ashton asked clearing getting more pissed.

"Ashton, Colby. Stop acting like children!" I scream at them.

They both turned to me with anger on their faces. I've never seen Colby this mad before in the year of knowing him.

"You can't hurt each other without hurting me." It was true though. I don't want anyone hurting Colby.

I love him so I'm very protective of me. But I'm also protective of Ashton. I think it's because of the bond we made.

I could see them soften up and look at each other. Liza was sitting there awkwardly. She stood up and touched Ashton's arm.

He looked down at her. "I think it's time to go." She then looked over at me. "You okay?" She asked softly.

I nodded my head. He looked at me sadly. "I'll let you know what the doctor says." He nods his head once.

When he walked out, he shoulder bumped Colby. They walked out, leaving me with my boyfriend.

He pointed towards the door like he was shocked. "He's such a dick." Colby laughed angrily.

I sigh as I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Can you not be jealous for two seconds?" I ask harshly.

"Just be glad he got me here safely." I tell him more sincerely. He sighs as he sits down.

I could tell he was thinking about something. "I'm sorry." He apologized.

He started playing with his fingers and I could tell they were shaking.

"When you told me you were at the mall and then weren't answering me, I was terrified." He spoke softly.

He could barely look at me in the eyes. "I don't want to lose you, Stella. You're my everything." I wanted to cry as he spoke.

When he looked at me, he had an eyeful of tears. I reach over and grab his hand to hold it.