ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

"welc-" Gaeun stopped when she saw heeseung entering the store, she sighed and messed around with the stocks around her as the male stared at her for a moment before grabbing a box of milk and a bag of Ramen.

He is still the same old heeseung, Gaeun thought to herself as she checked the items out and passed it to him.

He still likes Ramen and his milk huh

"thank you for coming" She mumbled as she heard the familiar sound, signaling he had paid from his phone.

He left without saying anything.

It was at that moment when Gaeun realized the difference in their positions now.

Lee Heeseung, future heir to LEE COOPERATES, fucking rich with money. Basically what a parent want in their kid.

Jeon Gaeun, pathetic little single mother who struggles with her schoolwork, mothering duties and financially. Basically what disgust a parent. Or her parents, at least.

There had always been a gap between them, Gaeun acknowledged, but it seemed to keep growing without a stop now.

They were growing further and further and further.

Maybe it was for the better.

_

Heeseung never expected himself to see Gaeun in the convinience shop working.

Gaeun was literally the baby of her family. They would have never allowed her to work like that.

That was why he froze when he saw her.

Seeing her check out the items really allowed him to see how much she had changed from the past year.

Definitely, her vibes had matured, definitely, her features had defined alot.

She seemed more mature and always looked like she had stuff on her mind with her usual habit of biting her lips when she is stressed out.

Heeseung wanted to tell her to stop biting it, but he was in no position to do or say so.

But what he never expect was the girl to lose her touch of bubbliness.

It was what drawn heeseung to her.

What exactly happened?

He debated over and over a thought that came to his mind. He knew that he should not do that, but he wanted to know if there was more to what happened that year.

Why did she break up with him?
Who is that baby?

What exactly happened?

Heeseung wanted answers but even after those accusing words of his, Gaeun literally spilled nothing.

Not the reason why they broke up, not the identity of the baby, nothing was spilled.

Seeing the night gets darker, heeseung hesitated for a moment before calling a number.

"Hello? Yunseong, could you please help me check on what happened to Jeon Gaeun. The one from the Law Faculty in the same university What exactly happened..No the company is still your top priority..just check on it at your free time...and don't tell my father " Heeseung ordered as he sighed a little.

He was just curious. What had happened to his ex. No big deal. Right?

Mingyu : ex shouldn't care about each other. It's a basic rule😎