Chapter 8

Bill Weasley entered the bank as he does every day and was in for a shock when the head Goblin said he can be sacked for something that his family has done. He didn't know what happened and who did it, but he didn't want to lose his job. He won't get any job if he loses this one. No one will hire a wizard who is fired by Goblins.

"I don't know what you are talking about Master Goblin." Bill said respectfully.

Bill knows better than anyone that Goblins are very powerful and one should think twice before talking rudely to a Goblin. Also, they have your money with them, they can ruin you in few moments and act as if nothing happened when you cry in front of them for mercy. They are merciless and won't help once you insult them. One should very careful while dealing with the Goblins.

"Don't act innocent, Mr Weasley." The Goblin sneered at him and Bill was a bit afraid at the ferocious expression on the Goblin's face. What's going on? He has this feeling that this is related to his mom and his youngest siblings somehow. He didn't think they would be so foolish to try and do something with the Goblins.

"I can swear on my life, Master Goblin. I really don't know what you are talking about and I can even swear of secrecy to not reveal anything you tell me to anyone including my soon-to-be wife." Bill said almost begging him. He needs his job, he is going to get married to Fleur, who will be sacked too, for being related to him.

"Fine, we will do an unbreakable vow." The Goblin agreed and Bill sighed in relief. He didn't know what went wrong, first his sister being irrational and his mother and youngest brother supporting him. Now, his job is at risk because of those three.

Another Goblin came into the room and performed the unbreakable vow. Bill was anxious as he sat there while the head Goblin ordered someone to get a few files. The head Goblin passed the file towards Bill and he took a deep breath before opening the file and his eyes widened.

"I think, there is something wrong with this...." Bill trailed off as he knew Goblins would never make mistakes. But, how in the name of Merlin is this even possible?

"Are you saying something Mr Weasley?" The Head Goblin asked him intimidatingly and Bill shook his head in negative and continued to read the file.

"Who?" Bill asked the head goblin and he sneered.

"What do you think?" He asked back.

"J-Julia?" Bill asked looking sick and the head goblin gave him a curt nod. Bill wanted to bang his head on the desk in front of him. How can they? Julia is Heiress Potter, even if she is not the girl-who-lived, as a Heiress of an ancient and noble house of Potter, she has so much power and can destroy the Weasley family easily. They are already in feud with the Malfoy family from almost two centuries and are almost in poverty due to that. Now, if the Potters also start a feud against them, they will be doomed.

"Does she know?" Bill asked swallowing hard and not able to meet the eyes of the head Goblin.

"She does." The head goblin said making his world stop around him. She already knows and she would have been feeling so betrayed by the people she trusted the most from five years. There is no chance in this eternity that the Weasley family is going to see better days. How is he going to explain this to his dad? He is going to be so furious that his wife and children had done something so... UGH! Bill didn't even know what to call this. He was so angry that his face turned red matching his hair. He wanted to punish his family himself before the Goblins can take any action. They were poor, but they didn't need to steal from someone who trusted them as their family. His father would rather beg than steal. Bill knows his father better than his mum and can see that this is not going to end well.