Chapter 22

"How is Belle?" Rabastan asked as soon as his brother entered the room with a smile. Rodolphus smiled at him and sat in front of him on the bed. 

"She is really good and Severus is trying to get to know her according to Lucius. They are finally going to be a family if everything goes accordingly." Rodolphus told him happily. 

"I'm glad that she doesn't have to go through any more difficulties." Rabastan slumped back on the bed exhausted even if he was just sitting or sleeping all day from a couple of days. 

"Right, are we ever going to talk about if you are going to do such reckless thing again in the future?" Rodolphus asked turning serious in a matter of few seconds and Rabastan looked away from his brother/father feeling guilty. He didn't mean to make Dolph worry about him, he just wanted to help Julia to meet her Pa, that's all. "Just promise me, that's all."

"I won't do it again. I swear." Rabastan said seriously and Rodolphus sighed in relief at that. "When am I allowed to go out and meet her?"

"When I tell you." Rodolphus glared at him slightly and Rabastan pouted at that look from his brother. "You are not well, Basti. It's very risky to go out after Dumbledore knowing that you were seen near Julia's muggle relatives' house." 

"I want to see her. Just once." Rabastan begged him with puppy dog eyes, but Rodolphus didn't even look at him and denied. 

"No means no. You are just going to lie down here on the bed and sleep. If you even try to escape from this room under my nose, you won't like the consequences. Understood?" Rodolphus completely stepped on his plans to escape and Rabastan has no choice but to agree to it. 

"How is James, then?" Rabastan asked him. "Is he feeling well after being comatosed for so long? He must be happy to come back to his loved ones."

"Lucius said he is having a separation anxiety. Whenever Severus tries to move away, James panics. He is afraid that Severus will leave again like last time." Rodolphus explained and Rabastan nodded feeling sad for James. "Bella still thinks you are with your Belle. I didn't tell her anything about Julia or about you getting hurt. She knows what Lucius told her. Severus told him everything that happened. I asked Lucius to tell Severus to not leak any information regarding you in front of Bella."

"That's a relief. I don't want Bella to be worried about me without any reason." Rabastan sighed. 

"She doesn't worry without a reason, Basti." Rodolphus chided angrily. "You always do something reckless making her worry about you all the time."

"I'm sorry, Dolph. Please don't be angry at me anymore. Please." Rabastan pleaded with puppy eyes. "I'm really sorry for what I did recklessly." 

"Alright, alright." Rodolphus rolled his eyes. "I'll let her know that you are back and are resting in your room. Be ready to be smothered by your little mother soon."

"I love my little mother, unlike you." Rabastan poked his tongue out childishly and Rodolphus chuckled at him before shaking his head and left the room. 

"Basti." An excited voice shouted just after a few minutes and Bella entered with a big smile. "You forgot me."

"How can I forget my little mum, Bella?" Rabastan mock gasped. "I would never do such thing."

"You didn't write to me." Bellatrix accused him as she hugged him tightly. "You love the new girl more than me."

"I just met you two days back and I returned last night. The elves said you already went to sleep and didn't want to disturb you. I was a bit tired and just woke up. I called for Dolph to know if you are awake." Rabastan explained to her patiently.