Chapter 15

Rodolphus stayed in the same room as Rabastan waiting for him to wake up and tell him what happened. His blood is boiling as he looked at his brother's bruised body. The elves cleaned the blood and he applied the salve to his wounds. He can't believe the bastard tortured his brother too much that he isn't waking up even after 12 hours. He is now starting to get worried about his brother just when his fingers twitched. 

"Basti, you are awake. Can you hear me? Basti, come on open your eyes." Rodolphus said holding his hand tightly. "Come on, Basti. You are worrying your brother too much. Please wake up soon and tell me who I should kill for hurting my little brother."

"Dolph." Rabastan coughed lightly and Rodolphus slightly moved his body so that he can drink some water without spilling into on himself or the bed. 

"How are you feeling?" Rodolphus asked him. 

"I'm better now." Rabastan nodded looking tired. "What happened?"

"I should be the one asking you that, idiot." Rodolphus glared at him lightly. "Do you know how much you scared me? I thought I was about to lose my other son too."

"I'm sorry Dolph. It's not my intention to frighten you at all." Rabastan sighed hugging his brother. "It's just, I was trying to help Julia in escaping the house while Moody was patrolling around her house and he caught me. But, I was lucky and escaped soon."

"So, it is Moody then. You said something about someone killing our mother. Was it Moody too?" Rodolphus asked him and Rabastan nodded his head. 

"He taunted me saying how he killed mum and he is going to kill me the same way. They tortured mum for so long, Dolph. They wanted information about the dark lord so they captivated wives of the dark lord's classmates and tortured them for answers. Mum was the wife of dark lord's one of the closest ally or friend. So, she is the most tortured one among the others. All this time, we thought she left us to be with someone else, but she is dead. Killed very cruelly by those fucking light side people." Rabastan said with tears in his eyes. 

Rodolphus was shocked to see the tears in his eyes and hugged his brother even more tightly. He never saw Rabastan cry after his son and Rabastan's nephew died. He was very cold to everyone from then. He was a man of few words to even family members. Being with Julia made him forget about the sad past and give a new chance to his life again. But, now seeing him cry like this for their dead mother. Rodolphus can't help but be even more angry at Moody for what he did to their mother. 

Rabastan then explained what happened exactly and even told him about the invisibility cloak to him. Rodolphus didn't care about the stupid cloak and was only concerned about his brother. His brother almost died because he risked his life for that girl. He is not blaming her, but was it really necessary? They could've just waited for some more till Moody left and she could've gone at that time. 

"Basti, please promise me that you will not do such stupid things again and make sure you care about yourself too in the future." Rodolphus said sternly. "I already told you that I can't bear to lose my other son too. Please, Basti."

"I'm sorry Dolph. I just wanted to help her and didn't expect Moody to see me through even with the cloak. The stupid magical eye can see things even if they are under any invisibility spells or cloaks." Rabastan said before his face turned red in anger. "I want to kill the bastard for hurting our mum, Dolph."

"We will kill him soon, Basti. Just some more time and you can kill the bastard with your own hands. I can assure you that he will die in your hand only." Rodolphus promised him. "Now, you need to take some potions and take rest again. The bastard used Cruciatus curse far longer than the dark lord himself."