Chapter 11

A/N: Small bit of violence is there and few curses.

Severus' Memories continued......

"Sna-" Sirius stopped clearing his throat awkwardly. "So, Snape and you are not enemies anymore, eh?" He asked not knowing what else to say. 

"Yes, why are you so awkward?" James frowned at him. It was just the two of them and Sirius is acting as if they are some strangers. "What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing, I-" Sirius sighed and groaned simultaneously. "I'm really sorry, Jamie. I didn't know that the man would say such things to you. At first. I just thought that you wanted to escape another date so you lied, but I found out that he is not a nice man. He is-" 

Sirius shook his head groaning again. James shrugged not saying anything. Sirius felt so guilty for accusing James of such thing and then not talking to him for the past few days. Severus was in James' bedroom watching them. James didn't want to overwhelm Sirius all of a sudden, so asked him to hide and pushed him inside when Sirius knocked on the door and said it was him. 

"I'm really very sorry." Sirius said to him. "Please forgive me, Prongs." 

"It's not your fault, Pads. You didn't know it either." James said smiling at Sirius. 

"No, it's my fault. I know what you are going through and I'm just worried and want you to have a good life. I'm sorry. I won't arrange for any dates from now. You can choose whenever you want to date and whoever you want. I won't say anything even if you choose Snape or Malfoy." Sirius said looking serious and James chuckled which turned into a full-blown laughter. 

"Well, Severus and Malfoy?" James laughed again. "I don't think it will happen. One is already married while the other.." James trailed off rolling his eyes. 

"Eh, I was just saying. But..." Sirius stopped.

"But, what Pads?" James asked him.

"Nothing. You can choose him if you want. I will support you no matter what. You are my best friend and I can never go against you. You are too important for me to lose you." Sirius said and hugged him tightly. "I have a date. See you."

"Have fun." James walked him to the door. He sighed as soon as the door closed. He didn't notice the dark-eyed man sneaking behind him and jumped slightly when he hugged him from behind. 

"Se-Severus? What are you doing?" James asked him. 

"Hugging you." Severus said not bothering to let him go. 

"I know that." James said trying to move away. "But, why are you hugging me?"

"I don't know." Severus said carelessly. James frowned not understanding the other man. He just hated him all these days and now when he knows about what happened to him, he is hugging him? He is really weird. 

"Do you like Lucius?" Severus asked him and James froze at the question. 

"W-What?" James turned his head to look at Severus who looked serious and angry? "Why would I like a married man-"

"If he is not married?" Severus asked him. 

"Ah, no. He is not my type." James shook his head and saw that some of the anger disappeared from Severus' face. What's wrong with this man? James thought again. 

"Then what is your type?" Severus asked him and James wanted to hit him. Why is he asking such stupid questions? 

"I don't know." James said trying to move away again.