Chapter 24

"Pa?" Julia knocked on the door and heard James' voice before entering the room. "I'm bored."

"Are you?" Severus asked raising an eyebrow. "Did you finish the work that Remus and I gave you?"

"No, but-" "Julia, I know it's summer and you want to have fun like other children. I also know that you never enjoyed holidays before because of those Dursleys, but if you want to take NEWTs for the subjects you want, you need to take OWLs before going back to Hogwarts." Severus said patiently. "I let you do whatever you want with James the past week, but you need to study now."

"Pa-" "Your pa can't get you out of this, Angel. He is not allowed to be out of the bed for two days." Severus said sternly. 

"What? Why?" Julia frowned. James was recovering slowly and can walk without their help now. He can walk to the bathroom and come back by himself. 

"Cause Sev is a grumpy bastard." James said scowling at Severus angrily. "I hate you."

"Don't make me tie you to the bed, Jamie." Severus sighed. "He was trying to run and fell down spraining his ankle." 

"Why would you do that?" Julia asked frowning at him. "You are just able to walk now, Pa."

"I saw something outside and wanted to look clearly before it vanishes." James sulked. "There was a beautiful eagle outside."

"That doesn't mean you run around." Julia said crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Exactly." Severus said nodding his head to what she said. "Just because I'm supporting you in this doesn't mean I will let you skip studying today."

"But, Dada-" "No means no, Angel." Severus had to stop himself from smiling at how cutely she calls him Dada instead of Dad every time.

"Dada, come on." James pouted at him making him narrow his eyes at both little minxes. 

"You guys are too much." Severus said standing up. "Do whatever you want and don't ask me anything from now." 

Severus left the room before any of them can stop him. Julia almost followed him before James called her back. James sighed and patted the seat beside him for Julia to sit. Julia thought for a moment before going to sit beside James. 

"Pa, is Dada angry at us?" Julia asked and James chuckled.

"He can't be angry at us for more than a few minutes, princess. Don't worry." James consoled her. "He is just worried about us." 

"I will study properly." Julia said and James smiled at her. 

"He doesn't want you to be sad later because the old bastard tries something when the school starts. The dark lord is trying to take over completely but Sev is just making sure if they are late and the bastard isn't gone by the start of school year." James explained her. "He loves us too much to see us sad."

"I love him too. I forgave him for everything that happened. It isn't his fault at all. He is so nice. He is everything I wanted in my dad when I was small." Julia said with a bright smile on her face. "I didn't know your name until I was eleven and Hagrid told me about you and Evans."

"Your Dada is going to kill every single person who hurt you, darling. I can assure you of that." James smiled at her. "He is possessive of his people."

"Did he kill someone for you?" Julia asked with wide eyes. "Isn't killing wrong?"

"Even if it's wrong, he is going to do it just because he loves us. I was eighteen when Padfoot tortured a man for trying to force me. I was horrified at first when I got to know about it, I couldn't talk to him for a few days after that. He didn't even say that he won't do it again when I confronted him about it later. He just said 'I don't care if you hate me for what I'm doing, as long as that bastard doesn't touch my Jamie again with those dirty hands.'." James chuckled. "I just never told him about anyone again, but he somehow knew everything when it came to me and then one day Sev joined Padfoot in hurting those who tried to hurt me. Sev was even more creative compared to Padfoot."