Chapter 18

Liam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep. At all. I roll my head and look at the clock. "Uhh!" I groan. It's 1:47 in the morning. I had eaten a snack, watched some tv, and even read part of a book trying to get tired but nothing was working. I wish that I had my computer or something down here. I grab my phone and turn on some music. I close my eyes and try to relax myself.

I just start to drift off when I hear a crash in the kitchen. I spring off the couch and run to see what has happened. "Mum?" I ask, flipping the lights on. I see my mom crouching over a shattered glass. "Liam don't come closer. You don't have shoes on." she warns me. I ignore her, and lean down to help.

"Either do you mum." I say with a smile. She laughs. I gather some of the glass and thrown it away. "Sorry if I woke you hun." my mom tells me. "I couldn't sleep. I have just been laying there." I say. She looks concerned. "Are you feeling okay?" she asks.

"I'm fine mum. I have never been better. I'm just worried about Abbi, but at the same time I can't stop thinking about her. Like in a good way. I asked her to be my girlfriend you know?! And she said yes!" I say excitedly. My mom grins at me.

"That's great baby!" she says, placing her hands on either side of my face. "I'm so proud of you Liam. You have done so much already and you are still young. And now you have Abbi in your life." she smiles, but I can see her tearing up. "Your just growing up so fast." she says, choking up a bit. "Oh mum. Your gonna make me cry." I tell her. I pull her into my arms and kiss the top of her head. She hugs me tightly.

"Mum remember when I was little? And I used to come sleep in your bed sometimes when I was having trouble sleeping?" I ask quietly. She laughs, nodding her head and wiping a few tears from her eyes. "Can...could I come up to your room tonight?" I ask. She smiles and turns from me to get another glass from the cabinet. "Of course sweetie." she says.

She gets her water, and I follow her upstairs. She lays down in her bed and looks at me, pulling back the covers so I can join her. I snuggle up to her. She strokes my hair and holds me close, making me feel instantly more comfortable. "I love you mum." I whisper. "I love you to Liam." she says, kissing my forehead.