✿chapter thirteen - the same as before

A/N: there are some implied season 3 and 4 spoilers.

°•. ✿ .•°

The day started as usual. It was a cloudy day, those that you liked. However, the sound of the alarm made all these positive thoughts disappear. God, I really have to change the sound, it's unbearable.

It was colder than normal, just like yesterday. Due to this, you took a white sweater and black jeans from the closet. While you were sitting at the desk, putting on some makeup, you noticed the presence of the roses that Eren had given you yesterday, remembering the promise you made to yourself yesterday.

Just like before.

While you were thinking about that, you received a message.

historia my queen

good morning!!

I spent the night at Ymir's house so I'm near to ur house

do u want us to go together to school?

she can't go to the first hours, skating competition:(

You put a smile on your face. She's so cute.

You

Sure!!

I'll b out in abt 20 mins

You looked one last time at the roses and the photo of you and Eren, which was next to them. This is for the best, right? It's only been three weeks being friends. It will not cost me anything to go back to acting like in the last three years. Anyway, he sure thought I was a burden, spending too much time in the apartment, having to be next to me all the time at the party ...

I mean, in that case all my friends will think of me in that way as well...

You immediately put those thoughts away. They didn't do you any good in the past.

After having some breakfast, you left your house, waiting for Historia, who appeared after five minutes. "y/n! Good morning" she greeted you.

You did the same thing and started walking to school. "Aren't we going to wait for Eren?" the blonde asked, as you were passing the apartment without even looking at it. You didn't want to do that.

"Um... yeah, I forgot about that" you babbled.

Said boy opened the building's door and looked at both of you. "Good morning" he yawned.

While Historia and Eren were talking about something you weren't very interested in, you immersed yourself in your thoughts.

Actually, there was something that had been going around in your head for a few days, which was when you remembered it. You took your mobile out of your pants pocket and opened the calendar application. Exactly one week.

One week until your parents came back from... wherever they were. For a few months you no longer cared. Anyway, they hardly ever answered when you called.

"y/n?" Eren brought your presence back to the present. "Is anything happening? You look distant".

You shifted to peer at him. "Um, no, I'm just tired. Yesterday was a loooong day" you explained, forcing yourself to smile at your friends.

The first class you had was History. You sat next to Sasha, who was between you and Historia. As usual, she was eating something. Today, she chose a strawberry lollipop. "Yo" she whispered, "I think Connie gave me this expired, this tastes like absolute shit".