❁chapter thirty-nine - repeat

Eren's pov:

Flashback: 6 days ago, Sasha's party.

They're going to separate me from her again.

Eren couldn't stop looking at the plastic cup. If someone had entered in the bathroom at that moment, they would have seen someone totally paralyzed and scared.

He couldn't believe it: They had found him again. They managed to find Eren after four years.

Colt. That was the first person that crossed his mind. It had to be him, who else would talk about him to those people?

But Colt supposedly wasn't part anymore of that group and, honestly, Eren believed him. Maybe that had been a wrong idea.

The thing was that who had said something didn't matter now, because they had found him. That was the important part of all of this.

Eren opened the tap and put some water on his face. He felt like he was going to throw up.

What scared him the most wasn't what they could do to him, but to you. The plastic cup had written 'We should talk about y/n, right?'. Somehow, that group knew there was a thing going on between you two, and they knew that Eren would do anything in order to protect you.

But how did they know that?

Maybe they guessed that my feelings have not changed since I moved from Marley four and a half years ago.

That's why they're so mad; because they said those feelings needed to disappear.

The first thing he did when he left the bathroom was looking for you. He opened the door to Sasha's room, and he saw you sleeping peacefully next to her.

Eren went downstairs, noticing that the party had finished and that there was no one else besides his friends. Mikasa was sleeping on the couch, and Marco was next to her looking at his phone.

"Hey, I haven't seen you since hours" Marco pointed out, "Where have you been?".

"I fell asleep inside of the bathtub and I just woke up" Eren answered, "By the way, have you seen someone enter in the bathroom from upstairs since a few hours?".

The boy shook his head, "I haven't paid a lot of attention, though. But there has been a lot of people I don't know here, you know? People that are not from Paradis".

"What people?" the brunette asked, trying to find answers. He needed to know if all of this was a joke or if he really had to do something.

Marco noticed that there was something wrong going on, "Are you okay, Eren? You're really pale right now".

Eren sighed, "Yeah, I'm just really tired. My head won't stop hurting".

He decided it was a good idea to go outside and feel the coldness of that night. He left the house through the back door that led to a backyard.

No one was there and it was really dark because there were no artificial lights. That let Eren think better about this situation.

Somehow, that friend group from Marley had found him again. Pieck, Porco, Gabi, Falco... He didn't forget his names.

That same people that had put him through hell and worse for no reason, the reason why he changed schools and moved to a whole new town.

That same reason made you move to that same town, Paradis, but you had forgotten about everything. What you had lived had disappeared from your mind, even Eren's existence.

He would never forget that day he saw you for the first time at Paradis school, and you didn't recognize him. He literally felt how his heart broke.

But he couldn't blame you; he had moved to Paradis without telling you. He had left you alone, knowing the consequences.