✾chapter twenty-eight - first date

The sound of your phone ringing made you wake up from your sleep. You opened your eyes, realizing that you weren't in your room, but in the balcony.

You looked down, seeing Eren sleeping on your thighs. Heat rushed to your cheeks, but then you remembered what had happened last night and why both of you were outside of the apartment.

Your stomach growled because of how hungry you were. You tried to get up, but Eren's arm was attached to your waist, so you couldn't escape from that situation. You smiled and tapped his head.

You stayed like this for about 20 minutes, looking at the sky and trying to remember every detail of yesterday. Just by thinking of that, butterflies grew in your stomach.

You heard someone outside of the building trying to open the door but failing at it. You thought it was Floch coming back from someone's yesterday party.

"Jean, you know that at night all buildings' doors are closed, right?" you heard Annie's voice.

Jean? Annie?

"I know, but it's already 10am, it should be opened by now!" he answered. You could also hear Armin's laugh.

You began to panic. Why were they here, so early?

"Eren" you whispered in his hear, but he didn't wake up. You rolled your eyes, "Eren!".

He slowly opened his eyes and then looked at you, "What?".

"Why are Armin, Jean and Annie outside of the building?" you asked. Eren frowned, "What?".

"That's what I'm asking" you said, "Come on, get up".

"Y/n!" Mikasa shouted from outside. You stopped walking. Mikasa as well?

"Why are they here?" Eren asked you. You shrugged, "No idea, I thought that you had invited them".

Both of you entered in the living room. Eren gasped, "Oh, I remember! Yesterday, I told Mikasa and Armin to come here because I couldn't be with them for a long time because of me working".

You nodded, "Well, it seems like they didn't forget about it, huh?".

Eren didn't give you an answer. You turned around, seeing him standing paralyzed, not really looking at anything, just thinking.

He slightly widened his eyes, and then looked at you. You frowned, "Eren?".

His cheeks turned red, and he looked away, "Yeah?".

Did he just remember about the kiss? You smiled, "Nothing, I'm going to open the door for them".

You left the apartment and went downstairs to open the building's door so your friends could enter.

"Hey guys" you said with a big smile.

"Good morning" Armin said while yawning, "We've been trying to open this door for 10 minutes".

You laughed, "Really? And why didn't you call me?".

Annie showed you her phone, showing that she, in fact, had called you, "That's what I did, but I think you were still asleep".

That's what woke me up. "Mhm, I was still asleep" you confirmed, "To be honest with you guys, Eren didn't tell me you were coming here this morning. If I knew, I would have bought some more food".

"Don't worry about that, we already did it" Mikasa said while showing you a bag full of food. Jean was the one holding the drinks.

"Pff, typical of Jaeger" he said, "I'm sure that, if he ever gets a girlfriend, he'll forget to tell us about it".