✿chapter fourteen -indifference

When you woke up, the first thing you remembered was what Mikasa had told you the night before. What a great way to start the day.

Tonight, you barely slept. Memories with Eren haunted you all the time, seeing them now in a completely different way, and thinking about everything you had done that could have made him think badly of you. God, I'm ridiculous.

And I said that I was not going to worry so much or that this would affect me, wanting to go back to how things were before ...

Well, I guess things between us never really changed. At least for him.

What I thought was a new friendship turned out to be false.

Right?

You got out of bed. If Eren has changed his mind, I suppose he will tell me today. If not, then I can't do anything. I will stay as the girl who owns the place where he lives.

You changed into an oversized hoodie and a pair of sweatpants and went to eat something for breakfast. Today, you didn't want to eat something that took you too much time preparing, so you ate some donuts you found in the fridge

The weather was actually nice today. The sun's rays fell on your face, making you feel better.

After a few minutes, you reached Eren's apartment. Instinctively, you just stood there, waiting. When you remembered the reality, you began to wonder what you should do. Wait for him to come down or keep walking?

While you were thinking of that, the brunette opened the door, making you panic. You started walking as fast as you could, without making it too obvious. For your relief, he didn't try to interact with you in any sort of way.

When you got to school, you went to get books from your locker. Eren's was a bit removed from yours, but it still was close. If you hurried, you probably wouldn't see him for two and a half hours, since you now had physics and business, classes that the boy didn't have.

Someone touched your shoulder, making you take a little jump. You turned around, facing Historia. I'm never going to get used to how small she is. "Hey!" you greeted her.

"Good morning! Are you feeling better?" she asked cautiously, trying to talk as little as possible about the subject.

You put your books inside your bag. "Yeah, I guess. It's not a big deal, though".

As you closed your locker, you heard a voice that you recognized pretty well. You looked at your left, where Armin's locker was located, seeing the blonde boy was talking with Eren.

You stared for a moment, something the dark-haired seemed to notice. He looked up and his eyes fell on yours. However, you realized that, unlike yesterday, they did not show sadness, but rather indifference. The same indifference with which he has looked at you for the past three years.

You said goodbye to Historia and started walking in the left direction, where the business class was. To avoid staring again, you picked up your phone and opened Instagram to keep yourself distracted. While you were walking, you ran into someone. You looked up, seeing Eren. "Look where you are walking" was the only thing he said with total impassivity, without even taking his eyes off his cell phone.

Is he for real? "I'm sorr..."

He clicked his tongue. "Whatever".

You frowned, feeling how anger came to your senses. Is he mad at me? I have not insulted him or pretended that I liked him!

You kept walking, pushing him when you passed by his side. You came to class, sitting in your usual place, next to Mikasa. "Hey, are you feeling ok? You seem... frustrated" she pointed out, seeing that you couldn't stop moving your leg because of the nervousness.