❀chapter twenty-four - confessions

You reached your hand to the door, but you didn't move at all, "What am I going to do anyways?".

You lay down on Armin's bed and closed your eyes.

"If you valued me, you would know that I want the best for you".

If you valued me, you would had noticed everything that I've been trying to tell you".

"I just want to see you happy like I see you every day in the morning".

"... if value is the correct word to describe this".

"What is he talking about?!" you asked yourself, feeling as if your head was going to explode.

"Who?" someone asked. You turned around, seeing Bertholdt at the door.

"Oh, Bertholdt" you got up and sat. "It's nothing".

"You were talking about Eren, right?" he asked. You sighed, "How do you know that?".

"I was looking for a bathroom and I saw him leaving this room" he answered. "He didn't look happy, you know?".

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah, I know, that's why I was here wondering what just happened".

Bertholdt sat next to you, "And what's the problem? If you want to tell me, of course".

"I don't even know what's the problem" you confessed. "I know that Eren values me, but I don't know why he got so mad because I talked to Colt like five minutes!".

"Colt?" Bertholdt asked, "The new guy? What happened with him?".

You quickly thought of an excuse, as you couldn't tell him about what really happened, "He was my friend, but we had some problems and I ended up being really hurt. He wanted to talk to me today, so that's what we did. But Eren saw me and got mad".

"He began saying things like his speech to Armin was in part dedicated to me" you continued. "That I don't value him because I don't notice what he has been trying to tell me".

You threw your arms up, "And then he said it was so obvious! That he wanted to see my happy and that he wanted me to value him the same way he values me".

You looked at Bertholdt, who had one eyebrow raised, "I'm sorry, it's very confusing, even for me" you laughed awkwardly.

"No, I think I understand it" he assured. "Better than you, at least".

You sighed, "Well, can you explain it to me then? Because it seems that no one wants to tell me".

"To be honest, I think Eren likes you" Bertholdt stated.

You opened your eyes even more, "What?! How did you reach to that conclusion?".

"Don't call me crazy, but if someone says they always want to see you happy, they get mad when they see you talking to another guy, and wants you to 'value' them with that same energy they do, I think it's obvious that is more than a friendship" your friend explained. "Well, if 'value' is the correct word".

You smiled, "Eren said that before he left".

"Yup, it's confirmed; he likes you" Bertholdt laughed softly. "I knew it. What's weird is that you didn't suspect it".

You blushed, "Is it embarrassing if I say I kind of hoped he liked me?".

He denied with his head, "Nope, it means that you like him too. I also knew that".

"I don't like Eren" you said. "He's my friend, and I can't like someone that hated me like 2 months ago".

"Don't you read Wattpad?" Bertholdt asked you. "What happened to 'enemies to lovers'?".