❀chapter twenty-five - between pages

The sun's rays filtered through the glass of your window. Your eyes got used to the light, opening them little by little.

The first thing you saw was the dress you wore yesterday for Armin's birthday on the floor. You pulled off the sheets of your bed, seeing that you were wearing one of Eren's t-shirts and some random shorts. You stayed like that for a few moments. How did I end up wearing this?

You looked at your pillow. It had multiple stains from foundation, lipstick and blush. You took a little mirror that was in your bed table and looked at your reflection; you didn't take off your makeup when you got home last night.

You sat in front of your makeup vanity and brushed your messy hair. You took off your makeup with some makeup wipes and then went to the kitchen.

There, Eren was waiting for you. He was drinking some coffee from his favorite cup while looking at his laptop.

You sat in front of him, "Good morning". He set his gaze on you and smiled, "Hey. Did you sleep well?".

You nodded, "Yeah, but I don't remember anything after we left Armin's house". You looked at your clothes, "Do you know why I'm wearing this?".

His cheeks turned slightly pink, "Ah, yeah. You were drunk and all that, and you didn't find your pajamas. I gave you some shorts and one of my t-shirts, you changed and fell asleep instantly".

"Oh, thank you!" you said. "It seems like I drank too much yesterday, huh? After leaving the library, I took a lot of shots with Marco and Connie, so it explains everything".

"Are you feeling better?" Eren asked. "Yeah!" you answered, "But if we go out today, I'll feel better. The weather is pretty good, we can have a picnic".

Just in that moment, someone messaged you. You took your phone, seeing that Historia was the messenger.

historia my queen

Good morning!!
Ymir and I planned on going on a picnic
Do you want to go with us? Eren can go too!! :)
City Park, at 1pm
Tell me if u like the idea <3

You showed your phone to Eren, "What do you think about it? It will be fun!".

Eren read the messages and put his thumbs up, "Sounds good, but what time is it?".

You looked at the hour on your phone: 12:25pm. You got up from your seat, "We're going to be late!". You quickly answered to Historia and went to the bathroom, doing your skin care routine and putting on some makeup.

You chose a beige tight dress with straps, a long-sleeved white top underneath it and a brown cardigan.

After this, you sat on the couch, catching your breath, and waited for Eren. Five minutes later, he opened his room's door. He was wearing a blue and black striped sweater and some white pants, along with a pair of black converses and a tote bag.

"Shouldn't we bring something to eat?" he asked.

"Historia told me they bought enough food for the four of us" you answered. You looked at his tote bag, "What are you bringing there?".

He opened it and showed you, "Just a sketchbook and some tools for drawing. The weather is nice today and I want to practice drawing landscapes".

You smiled, "That's amazing! Aw, I wish I knew how to draw". You took your keys and opened the door, "Let's go, I'll text Historia that we'll be a little bit late".

Both of you begun to walk towards the City Park. The weather was good, but you noticed it was cloudier than when you woke up.

While the aroma that reminded that winter was near entered through your nose, you tried to remember what happened last night. There were only a few scenes in your head, like arriving at Armin's house, seeing the castle made of cups Marco had made, and Annie's speech.