✾chapter thirty-two - unrecovered memories

You read your math exam when Mr. Ackerman handed it to you. You tried not to freak out, but that was a difficult task to complete. In your eyes, that exam was impossible to do. Even though Eren had helped you with studying, you couldn't still understand math.

For the next hour, you tried to complete the exam. Some exercises were actually easy to do, but in most of them, you made such silly mistakes that they made you have to repeat the entire exercise.

Many times, you would make the same mistake again, although on the paper in front of you had the unerased numbers that clearly showed you how badly you had done it before.

You were so frustrated. How could you repeat the same mistakes if they were in front of you?

You tried to do it the best you could. You were almost sure that you'd pass the exam, but you wanted a good grade. You had studied with Eren really hard and you didn't want to think that had been a waste of time.

The last big exam was English. It was really easy for you. Your essay probably was one of the best from the whole class.

When this exam ended, you got out of the class. You saw Eren next to the door, and he wasn't looking happy at all.

"Hey" you said. He had just noticed your presence, "Hi. I forgot to ask you; how did you do in math?".

You sighed, "I don't want to talk about it. You?".

Even though he didn't want to do it in front of you, he smiled, "Pretty good".

You rolled your eyes, but still smiled because you were proud of him, "Of course. What about English?".

His smile disappeared, "...I don't want to talk about it".

"Aw, really?" you laughed, "I did quite well there. It was easy. The essay's topic was the one I predicted yesterday".

"How was I supposed to believe you if we've been studying another book for more than a month?" he questioned, "I'm sure I'm not the only one that's going to have a bad grade".

"Can we stop talking about exams?" Connie asked, being the last one that came out of the class, "We finished our exams!".

Sasha hugged him from behind, "That means on Saturday..."

"Party at your house!" Marco continued her sentence, "It's been like a month since we don't do anything like that. I've been without going to your place for ages".

"It's because my parents have been a lot in my house recently" she explained, "But now that I finished the big exams from this trimester, they don't need to control me or my siblings so we actually study".

"I really need to be with you guys right now" you said. "I'm saturated with studying".

Reiner threw his notes in the trash can in the hallway, "Me too. I can't believe we finished already. Too bad me and Bert haven't finished the first baseball season already. We'll have a match this Saturday and that's it".

You stopped hearing what was happening around you for a second. Listening Reiner talk about baseball made you remember something.

Marley. You were going today to your old school.

Eren was already observing you, "Are you ok?".

You nodded, "Yeah. It's just that I remembered I'm going today. It's still hard to believe that I'm actually going to do it".

"Yup, you can't change your train ticket" he said, "But don't worry, you're going this afternoon. I don't think they'll be at school by that time".

"...and a lot of people will come, right?" Ymir asked to Sasha. The brunette nodded, "Yup, everyone from our grade and more people if you invite them".