❀chapter twenty-seven - I know who you are

It was a Saturday morning, three days after you came back from Shiganshina Park. You were at the bookshop, working with Historia and Ana. You were dusting some books while your friend was serving some coffee to a client.

"Do you have any plans for today?" Ana asked you. You denied with your head, "Nope, not really. Yesterday, my friends and I went out, so I'll probably stay at home today".

"But you lived with one of your friends, right?" she remembered, "That guy that usually stays here during the afternoon".

You smiled, "Yeah, Eren. We have lived together for almost a month".

"Woah, I wish I lived with my friend, that seems so fun!" Ana said, "Is it easy to live with someone else?".

You shrugged, "I mean, it depends. Sometimes I want to throw a plate at his head because he can be really annoying, but 95% of the time it's very fun. No day is boring".

She smiled, "I bet he's a good friend, huh?". You put some books on one of the shelves, "Yeah, he is".

The room went completely silence, but you couldn't stop thinking about something that was running through your head for some days.

"Ana" you called her, "What do you think about... sharing your feelings with someone?". She looked at you, "On a serious note?". You nodded.

She sighed, "Well, that's a difficult question. It depends on the situation, I guess, but I believe that you have to go with the truth ahead, whether it hurts someone's feelings or not. At the end, it will hurt then more if you weren't honest in the past".

"But what if your reality is not someone else's reality?" you asked. "What if your reality hurts yourself?".

"If it hurts you, you'll have to learn to live with it" Ana answered. "Escaping from it will only hurt you even more, including the people around you".

You giggled, "Are you speaking from experience?". Her mouth became a straight line, "Meh, more or less. It didn't exactly happen to me, but I was involved".

Her eyes turned playful, "And you? Are you speaking from experience?".

Heat rushed to your cheeks, "What? I didn't say anything". She smiled, "And why did you ask that so suddenly? Is this all about Eren?".

"No!" you exclaimed, "We're just friends!". Ana rolled her eyes, "But you'll be such a cute couple!".

"You think so?" you asked excited while turning the pages of a book without really reading it.

"Yeah!" she answered. She put a box full of books on the counter, "Could you please put these books on that bookshelf over there?". You nodded, "Sure".

You went to the shelf your boss had indicated you and took the books from the cardboard box. You began putting them in their correspondent place until you noticed something weird in one of them.

There was a piece of paper sticking out of it. You picked it up and pulled it out of the book to see what it was.

It was a letter. The outside had nothing special, it was blank. It didn't even have a receiver.

You looked sideways, making sure no one was looking at you while you opened it to read it.

Dear y/n,

Don't worry, I won't make the same mistake of writing my name as I did in the previous letter. In any case, you know it's me.

I see you left your letter in the place I told you. I also noticed that you're getting happier by the day. Is there any particular reason?