❀chapter twenty-two - those little details

Flashback, 3 years ago.

"You should let your hair grow out".

Eren set his gaze on Armin, "What?".

"I said you should let your hair grow out" the blonde repeated.

"Why would I?" Eren asked, touching his short brown locks. "It's fine and comfortable. You should be the one that needs to cut that hair".

Armin raised an eyebrow, touching his little half bun that pushed his hair away from his face, "Yeah, I might".

The two friends were sitting on top of the roof of Mikasa's house. Being the beginning of October, the days still lasted a bit, although it was already practically night.

"Have you met the new girl?" Armin spoke.

"Who?".

"y/n. She just came new, yesterday was her first day" the blonde explained.

Eren rolled his eyes, "Yeah, unfortunately".

"Why do you say that?" Armin asked. "You don't even know her".

The brunette shrugged, "I don't know, I just don't like her vibe. Plus, today I bumped into her in the lockers. She seemed too...weak, but after I told her to back off, she looked at me like I was a nobody".

"Are you for real?" Armin questioned. "I don't know, for me that seems a normal reaction if someone she doesn't know talks to her like that".

"Whatever" Eren said. "I don't want new people in our friend group, it's good like this. She seemed to get along too well with Historia or Mikasa today at lunch and they had just met".

His friend sighed, "You didn't forget about any detail, huh?".

"Yeah" the brunette agreed. "I'll always remember everything, in case some people 'magically' forget about the past".

End of the flashback.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Eren didn't wake up in his bed, but on the couch at Connie's house. There were other people in the room. Some he knew, like Sasha, Bertholdt or Jean and Mikasa, who were suspiciously hugging each other while sleeping. There were other people he had never seen in his life.

He got up and went to the kitchen. Alcohol bottles and food scraps were scattered everywhere.

Eren prepared some coffee and began drinking it by little sips. He wondered where you could be, but he guessed you'd be sleeping in one of the rooms that were upstairs.

Talking about you, he thought about what you told him yesterday. Your story.

He never thought someone like you could had passed through such hard things. Not only being treated like that, but also being seen as the bad girl from a lot of people's point of view.

Eren wanted to know who did this to you but, of course, you didn't tell him any names. He only knew about Colt.

The brunette never trusted him. From the beginning, he thought Colt had a weird personality. Too nice for someone who just had moved and knew no one in Paradis.

You had that same personality when you came new three years ago, but that's another story.

Eren went upstairs to look for you, but he didn't see you anywhere. Connie's room was empty, and the guest room was occupied by Ymir, Reiner and Marco. In the bathroom, Historia was throwing up as Armin held her hair.