✾chapter thirty - different perspectives

Even though you loved reading, English definitely wasn't your favorite subject. You didn't understand how Mr. Smith could be so entertaining in Poetry Class, but in English it was completely the opposite.

As usual, you were sitting between Ymir and Hitch in the front row. Mr. Smith had let your class half of the hour to discuss about a book you were currently reading, but neither you nor your friends were really a fan of it.

"So, you're going tomorrow with Marlowe to the beach?" you asked Hitch.

She nodded, "Yeah! It's been 3 months since I don't go there, and tomorrow the weather would be nice. The only bad thing is that we had a reservation for this really fancy restaurant and we can't go".

"Ow, that sucks" you said, "But the beach is cooler than that, in my opinion".

"Wait" Hitch looked at Eren, who was at the other end of the class, "Why don't you go with Eren instead of us?".

You frowned, "Wait, what do you know?". You thought only your closest friends knew about Eren and you, but you weren't surprised that Hitch knew something. She literally knew all the gossip.

"I think pretty much everyone in our grade knows" Ymir answered. You looked at her, confused, "But it's only been 4 days since you guys know it".

"So?" Hitch asked, "It's inevitable that someone tells their friend. You need less than 5 minutes to know something".

You sighed, "I guess that's true, but what do you exactly know?".

"That you guys are dating" Hitch replied, "But nothing too serious. Or that's what I heard. No one really knows what's happening".

"I don't even know what's happening between you two" Ymir said, "Not even Historia or Armin".

You laughed, "Not even me. I don't know what we are yet. We didn't really talk about it, and I think it's because if one of us asks the other, they wouldn't know what to answer".

Ymir nodded, "That sucks. I think you really should listen to Hitch. Going to a place with Eren and no one else can make a huge impact in your relationship. You know, having a real movie-like date and seeing how he and you act when you're alone".

"That's true, you're not going to be surrounded by people all the time" Hitch continued, "You don't need advice from anyone. What's important is that you see how both of you react when you're together".

She was actually true. Every time you tried to be alone with Eren, someone was with you. Not that you didn't like being with your friends. It was the opposite, you loved them. But it was true that you still didn't have the opportunity to do "couple" things with him since he kissed you for the first time.

"I know, I know" you said, "I really want to do those kinds of things. But I thought it was enough with literally living with him".

"You need to change the routine with him" Hitch explained, "You've been living with him for a month as friends, you have to change a bit what you do with him because your relationship also changed".

You smiled, "How are you two so good at giving advice?".

"I've been dating someone for years" Ymir answered, "Even though I hate Eren with passion, my heart still hopes that you guys last".

"Aw, you two are so cute together!" Hitch exclaimed, "I'll tell Marlowe after class that he doesn't need to cancel the reservation".

Later that day, you were sitting on the couch watching a movie that wasn't really interesting, or maybe you just weren't paying attention because you could only think about tomorrow.