3;DEMON F̸̡̹̋͐̋̆͋OD̵̛̻͓̻͚̙͚̯͊͛͗̄̅͌͜ͅDE̸̙̟̱͚͎͎̫̦̔͛͑̌̇̌̆̄͌̓͠ͅͅR

Working with...

The flame hashira?!

THE RENGOKU RYOJURO?!

You could barely hide your excitement. You grasped the end of your uniform's skirt pulling it up a little bit as your hands fidgeted together in excitement. Who wouldn't be excited?! You're not only meeting but working with a Hashira!

Not many people even get a glimpse of them but here you are about to work side by side with one! Even with being a Kinoto, you felt so far away from your superiors even though it was one rank above. You stood at the train station where you and Rengoku would meet. You both would take the train to the bottom of a mountain, and hunt a demon that's been terrorizing the area.

You held your bag's strap waiting in anticipation for the Flame hashira himself. Your kimono falling over your shoulder, you began to board the train slipping through the rush of people.

Kyojuro Rengoku

The flame hashira!

The inspiring flame!

The everlasting kindle!

I wonder what he'd look like!

I don't have to wait much longer!

You came to the front of the train where the private cart was held exclusively for demon slayers.

"TASTY! MORE PLEASE! MORE!"

You heard a voice yell as you opened the cart's door. There sitting down in one of the booths with a mountain of empty bowls next to him was...

Kyojuro Rengoku!

You audibly gasped seeing the tower of empty bowls wiggling and shaking. Your hues then looked down to the figure who was eating and yelling for more. Long golden locks with flaming red tips pulled back to frame his face. Although you only saw the back of his head.

Oh my gods!

You nervously walked up to him, bowing and cupped your hand gaining his attention. Rice grains around his mouth from where he had been eating.

"Hello! I'm Reader Lastname! It is an honor to meet you Master Rengoku!"

...

You looked up at him and stared into his golden red hues. Confusion laced your face as he wasn't moving. You couldn't even hear him breath. 

"U-umm Master...Rengoku?"

You blinked moving your hands and now standing back up straight. You waved your hand in front of him and suddenly.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

He exclaimed laughing loudly, so loud it bellowed out through the empty cart. You jumped lightly looking at him. He placed his empty bowl of rice down and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

"IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU LITTLE ONE!"

"Ehh?! I'm not short!"

"YES YOU ARE! SO SHORT AND CUTE!"

"IT'S LIKE THEY SENT ME A COMPANION RATHER THEN A MISSION PARTNER!"

"JUST WHAT CAN AN ADORABLE LITTLE FLAME LIKE YOU DO?"

The male then reached out to you, grabbing you and holding you close to his chest. You felt heat rise to your cheeks.

"You're bound to become nothing but demon fodder!"

"Eat with me little one! Tell me everything about yourself!"

"Ehh?! You wanna know about me?!"

"Yes! Yes! Of course! You're so interesting!"

He slid you a bowl full of rice and chopsticks and you looked up to him with a smile. His own smile was contagious and loving.

The flame Hashira wants to know about me?

Looking back on what he had said to you.

It started the current path you were on.

And you wondered if you had did something different.

Would you rather live in this hell?

Or become

DEMON FODDER?