18; Sleep awake

You climbed down the fence and continued running.

Any stop was time wasted, Dog wasn't the worst fate this mountain had to offer.

It was Rengoku.

Snowflakes began to drizzle from the sky, with being a snow breather yourself. It normally didn't bother you. But with rengoku's abuse and what he did to your lungs, the coldness of the air was too much for you.

You couldn't take it anymore. Running behind a tree and coughing into your kimono's sleeve. You tried to control your breathing but your body no longer followed your command.

He did this to me!

I'm to close to the house I need to move!

East is where she is.

Hopefully Mitsuri can forgive me.

You stood up fixing your composure, forcing your body to stop coughing and-

You felt warm fluid at your feet.

A sharp pain followed

"No! No! Not now!" You screamed at your stomach, not just from the pain but from frustration.

The pain was almost enough to knock you off your feet. No demon blood art could compare to this.

You cried out holding your stomach, your womb walls contracting. "I need to move! Please!"

You begged to every god trying to put one foot in front of the other to move. Pain rang out through your body, you trudged through the snow.

I need to lie down!

I Can't if I stop now he'll find me!

I'm not that far from the house!

Every second of walking was pain, some of the adrenaline numbing the effect of it. You felt faint, if you didn't lie down and give birth soon you were sure you'd pass out. Your eyes frantically searched for a place to cover yourself if needed but. All you saw was the white abyss of snow and trees-

"A cave..."

You yourself almost didn't spot the small cavern opening. The entrance covered with snow and pebbles. Without another thought you got on your knees and scurried into the small dark cavern. It was so dark you could barely see your hand in front of you.

You laid on your back heaving out, taking your backpack off and digging around for the knife and towel bundle. You placed a towel in your mouth to hold in your screams and cries of pain. Your hands cut into the ends of your kimono and broke apart your underwear.

You spread your legs wide as they could.

And

You experienced a pain you couldn't even fathom

Your muffled screams rang out throughout the cave. The pain of childbirth shook your body, pulsing and twisting to allow a human to be born. Blood poured out of you, your screams woke the spiders and others that resided in the cave. You pushed your body to get this over with as quick as possible. Tears flowed from your eyes coughs and screams echoed into the towel.

Then soon... you weren't the only one crying.

Your eyes widened at the noise. Getting the strength to lift your head up you peered downwards at the blood covered baby. Your pain still persisted but you ignored it for a moment...

You quickly got another towel and began to clean the child up. Your knife cut the cord connected their navel....

You looked down.

The baby was male, you cleaned the blood from him as much as you could have with a dry towel. He was crying his lungs out. Tears ran down your face as you held him. You petted his face softly... his body reacted to your touch and soon the noises coming from him had stopped.

As if he felt comfort from your skin.

You stared at his closed eyelids.

You now had something to live for.

You took the towel from your mouth and began to clean your bottom half, your uterus fushing the extra contents from child birth by itself overtime.

You held him close to your chest, panting and heaving from the whole experience... that took long, no doubt Rengoku was out and looking for you. You wouldn't move an inch from this cave tonight. As you held the baby close to you, you couldn't help but remember something...

"Sanemi told me..."

"When we have kids..."

"The first born would be named Yukimi..."

...

"Welcome to the world Yukimi."

You kissed Yukimi's head. The boy had already gone fast to sleep. Your eyes peered to the small crack entrance you had crawled through, the moonlight drifting inside giving a small amount of light.

You were exhausted and worn out.

But your eyes wouldn't dare close.

For yourself,

For Yukimi.

You'd....

SLEEP AWAKE