23; T̷͍̖̏HE SḤ̷̣̖͙̍̊̊͐͝ININ̵̙̼̐͋̎̑͝͠G̶̻̩͛̄̈́̀̚͝ SU̵͙̟̐͋͛̈́͘N

The flame hashira;

The wind hashira;

The snake hashira;

The love hashira;

And the snow hashira were set to embark on a mission to defeat one of the upper moons. There claimed to be sightings of a demon with a number on their pupil. Causing a the people of Mershiri village to evacuate. The demon was claimed to have human pets still residing in the ghost town underneath their thumb to play with.

You twiddled your thumbs sitting down in the back of the horse driven cart that housed all of you. Sanemi sat next to you, Mitsuri and Obanai sitting across from you talking causally while Rengoku sat close to the driver eerily quiet.

That was weird, you noticed the flame haired male changed bit by hit every single day. You would run into him often, more then before. He would do little favors for you or bring you trinkets from his missions even though you told him time and time again he didn't need too. And just the stare from his empty fish eyes made you a bit... uncomfortable.

"Psh! Don't tell me you're afraid of an upper moon."

You felt Sanemi's hand move some hair from out of your face. You then stared into his slightly bloodshot eyes.

"We'll kick their ass TO the moon!"

He cheered with confidence, although you can tell by his mannerisms he was a little nervous as well. His hand then clutched yours and pulled you a little closer. He was silent for a bit and then leaned down towards you.

Your foreheads touched as he whispered against your temple.

"Whatever happens..."

"Just know I love you alright..."

"I love you too."

He then leaned in and gave you a soft kiss. You kissed him back melting into it a little bit as your heart beat quickened.

You then heard giggles from Mitsuri and opened your eyes to see the girl smiling staring at you two. Obanai shyly looked away, and Rengoku-

HIS LOOK STRUCK TERROR INTO YOUR CORE.

You visibly froze seeing the male glare with such a vile, disgusting, monstrous look. His brows furrowed and his lips twisted. He was slightly shaking, veins formed in his face from how angry he was.

"Snow, what's wrong?"

You heard Sanemi's voice and blinked. Rengoku's face was his normal smile and he was giving out a hearty laugh seeing the two of you so in love. You felt cold sweat run down your face. Maybe this mission was messing with your head.

"N-nothing I'm fine!"

The cart then came to a slow shaky stop.

"Demons slayers... we're here...this is as far as I'll take my carriage."

You sighed and shook off your nervousness. Everyone seemed to be mentally preparing themselves for this fight as well. After a minute or two you all got out from the cart and walked down the path towards the village.

Little did you know....

The biggest treat here was...

THE SHINING SUN.