24; I S̸͓̯͈̘͇̟͙̤̍́́̅̔̄̏̿̾͗̾͋͘͘͝AVED YỌ̸̧̡̢̢̭̥̬͚̝̣̤̰͒́̾̽̈̍͛̌͐́͋̽̑͑̕͜͜ U

You jumped back onto a hut's roof after landing a hit on the demon.

You stared intensely at that demon as your teammates attacked it.

Something about this demon seemed... off.

But you didn't know what it was.

The demon yelled out as Sanemi dug his sword against the beast's leg chopping it straight off. You watched as the leg took a little bit too long for an upper moon to grow back.

'What are you-"

Mitsuri fell back on your rooftop looking towards you smiling.

"Rengoku said you should look for the human victims and get them out of here!"

"Really?!"

"Yeah! We got this! This demon is pretty...weird! Hehe!"

"Don't worry we got this Reader-Chan!"

Mitsuri smiled and gave you a thumbs up. You stared at her and smiled back at her. You nodded.

"Okay! I'll go look for them!"

She nodded in agreement before she went back into action. You tan along the roof tops quickly peeking inside huts and homes looking for any survivors that may be inside...

But you found none?

This was strange... did all of the demon's 'pets' run away when the fight began?

No... no you would have heard them, or seen them.

Did the demon hide them so well that I can't find them-

"SANEMI!!"

You tan faster then you could comprehend hearing Mitsuri scream out in terror. Your eyes looked around frantically, the demon defeated easily it's body decaying on the dirt floor... so what was the problem-

Then you saw it.

Rengoku's blade was deep inside Sanemi's back. The flame haired male struck when his back was turned, Obanai and Mitsuri too far from the two and too in shock to move. The blade pierced through his chest he could only stare blankly. Everything happened in slow motion. His purple eyes locking with yours slowly.

Then it clicked.

This whole mission was a set up.

Everything was silent and you only heard his lips lowly mutter.

"R-reader..."

"I l-love-!"

He couldn't finish his sentence. With a fiery slash the male was split into to. Cutting him into halves, his sword exiting through his skull and flames engulfing his body.

You stood frozen in shock watching your lover's corpse burn .

Rengoku stood tall and hunched slightly through the burning flames. His golden hues shining through the night like an owl. Red, human blood covered the right side of his face and got all over his uniform. A crazed smile on his lips.

Obanai was the first one to move. Clutching his sword in his palms appearing behind Rengoku getting ready to bring his sword down through his shoulder.

Obanai only turned when hearing the scream from Mitsuri's lips

"AHH!"

She screeched out. Rengoku's sword inside of Mitsuri's right eye socket, he quickly pulled his sword away causing the slash to cut through her braids. Her abnormal colored hair fell to the ground with a thud. She stood limp as he continued to lightly slash her face, carving shapes and scars into her skin.

Obanai's emotions overtook his mind as he reached a hand out towards Mitsuri. With a quick slash and a fiery trail of flames his hand he out stretched was gone. It plopped on the floor with a splash of blood. He watched as blood sprayed from his now open wound to the ground hissing lightly.

Rengoku was too fast for any of them, he was a goner and he knew it.

With his last breath he heaved out feeling his flaming blade against his neck.

"Run... M-Mitsuri."

His head came clean off. His decapitated body stood for a while before falling over backwards. Mitsuri stood in horror seeing the man she loved on the floor dead. Tears filled her eyes only when she looked up did she see nothing but the everlasting flame rushing towards her with his sword.

"RENGOKU STOP!"

You finally moved. Tears clouded your vision as you clashed your sword against his. Your stood in front of Mitsuri and stood into the eyes of the beast. His unnerving smile twitched for a moment, He let out a growl and bashed your sword out of your hands. He quickly grabbed your hand pulling you forward and slammed his sword's tilt into your temple.

You stumbled back at the force. Your eyes crossed at the mind numbing pain and you slowly sunk to the ground.

The pink haired girl reaching out to you but quickly turned seeing Rengoku went to chop her hand off. She took the best route and ran. Your brain pulsing as you laid helplessly on the ground waiting for death by the crazy man's sword.

...

But it never came.

He dropped his sword.

He then bent down on his knees covered in sticky red blood and held you close. Hugging and squeezing your cheek to his own. A wide love filled grin on his face as he held you. The flames surrounding you two flickering and crackling every now and then.

His drenched finger rubbed a circle in your cheek, getting the sticky blood on you. You saw black dots in your vision and was faint of breath. Your head went limp in his arms and he smiled holding you to his chest.

"I did it..."

"I SAVED YOU."