12;Sanemi.

"A-ah!"

You stared up at the head of a creature tied to a tree, thrashing and fighting trying to get away all of its teeth had been plucked out. You moved backwards away from the tree bumping into another one and falling on your bum.

You had lost your way in the forest when coming home from another town to buy your mother medicine. Night had fallen quick and you had been wandering for hours alone.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

You looked up to the voice and what appeared was a little boy somewhat your age. He was covered in blood but none from him, his purple eyes wide and crazed as he bared his sharp teeth looking as if not more scary then the creature on the tree. His clothes tattered and torn.

"Ehh?! Speak up! You came out here looking to die girly?! Because that's what's gonna happen!"

He yelled looking quite manic as he pulled out a sharp axe that had fresh blood on it, it caused you crawl backwards in fear.

"That's a demon! They come out here and kill people at night so I chop off their limps and string them up on trees so the sun kills em in the morning! You're lucky I found you or else you would be dead!"

"If your unlucky you'll be turned into one of these beasts!"

The boy fell silent staring at you and then you picked up your head. Your hands fumbling with your hair as you stared at him.

"W-well thank you!"

"Ehh?! What the fuck are you thanking me for?! Didn't I say I was gonna kill you!?"

"I mean! Thank you for... killing demons... h-how long have you been doing this?"

"Three years..."

The small white haired boy stared at the floor. Looking closer you can see the boy's clothing was tattered and covered in dried blood, his hair greasy and sticky, and now smelling him he smelt gross and dead almost. Your kimono flowing in the cold breeze. You came up to the boy holding his hand gently and bringing him closer to you. He visibly jumped holding his axe close, shaking; he wasn't used to touch. He held his axe in front of him pushing you off him.

"GET BACK! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?! A DEMON IN HUMAN'S SKIN?!"

...

You didn't say much of anything just blinking at him. You then looked up at the cold dark sky, the clouds above beginning to drizzle snow. You then looked back at him holding up your hand again not grasping him by force.

"Come on, you've done so much... Mother can set you a bath and I'll wash your clothes!"

...

The scarred up white haired boy stared at your hand...his eyebrows fell. He slowly took your hand.

You smiled.

"What's your name?"

"Sanemi."