8;H̵̛̳͉͍EL̵̤̫̆̎͋͆̌̇̔͊̒̋͘͝LŞ̶͈̟̩͇̥͒̀̈́̋̄̈́̽̈́́͒͘̕CAP̶̢̡̬͔̯̱͉̯̽͐̋͊͒͋̌͐͗͗͂͑̚͠E

You laid lifelessly against the futon. A cold wet towel on your forehead and a bucket filled with bile that came from you rested nearby, a rag covering the top to shield from the horrid smell. Your breathing heavy, your little lungs couldn't handle this heaving and acid reflex.

The outlines of your husband and the male doctor he escorted up here were blurry. They sat over you examining you looking down on you from this point of view. Poking and prodding at you as if you were some type of animal.

The doctor's hands rested against your stomach tapping against it lightly.

You could feel your insides tapping back.

Your eyes widened while the doctor and you made eye contact you plead with him silently.

Don't tell.

Don't say it.

Don't let him know!

"Rengoku-San.... I believe I've located the problem."

Please by the love of the gods.

"What is it?"

Don't tell him.

DON'T TELL THAT MONSTER

"Your wife is..."

DONT!

HE'S RIPPED ME APART!

HE'S TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM ME!

HE'S TORE ME INTO ASHES!

HE'LL JUST DO THE SAME TO YOU-

"Your wife is with child!"

You laid lifeless;

Defeated;

The monster had won.

Rengoku's everlasting smile only got wider. He let out a hearty laugh and placed a palm on your stomach. He felt the small cells that accumulated life inside you.

"Darling..."

"We're having a child."

"I know."

You turned your head away from him; away from them both.

You were sick.

You were tired.

You were weak.

You were:

Defeated.

The doctor smiled, his wrinkles curling up against his skull. He bowed in the presence of a couple which would experience the one of the best joys this world had to offer.

Childbirth.

"Thank you so much doctor!"

"You're welcome, there is no problem with her."

"Please make sure she gets enough fluids and nutrients."

"Yes! Of course I will."

"I can not wait until the baby is born!"

"Congratulations."

The doctor bowed his head while Rengoku only smiled being hearty. And soon the demon lead the doctor to his demise.

The screams filled your ears at the male getting ripped apart outside, dog hadn't been fed in a week.

The demon feasted on the doctor's remains. His fate was sealed from the moment Rengoku brought him up the mountain.

You silently weeped. Closing your eyes slowly drifting to sleep while the screams of carnage went on in the background.

You began to wonder...

Does god exist?

...

You could only laugh out when realizing

No.

You've already died.

This is nothing but

A.

HELLSCAPE