20; Win

And soon; night fell.

You took the wisteria pedal branch out from your bag and began to pluck the pedals from it. You took the elastic Rengoku had used to do your hair and began to take the small fluffs of Yuki's hair in your hands. You tied it up and began to sprinkle the pedals around his head and into his towel. The boy couldn't help but giggle at the pedals tickling his skin.

You took all the pedals and spread them across his body. Saving one pedal for yourself you placed it behind your ear. You took the knife from your bag and held Yukimi up.

"It'll get a little dark Yukimi..."

"But rest assured I am here..."

"I will guide us to safety."

You kissed his forehead and placed him in your backpack on top of your bundle of clothes and towels. You placed two towels on top of him to keep him from freezing. You then placed the woven basket on your shoulders and began to crawl out in the snow. You looked around, Rengoku's foot prints had covered up in the snow. You had no idea where he was.

I have to get out of here...

Head east.

And you were off.

If there's one thing you'd remember from your training, it was your ability to navigate. You ran through the snow keeping your pace up. You were too close to the house, you had to run even if it burned your lungs. Nothing but a kitchen knife in hand as you ran through the forest trying to get down the mountain and escape this hell.

You trudged through the snow, your mouth a little dry from not having anything to drink all day. You put your complaints to the side of your mind and kept running. Yukimi didn't seem to mind the fast pace in your bag, you could hear little giggles from him every now and then.

"Just a day or two and we'll be out of this torture..."

"You'll meet aunt Mitsuri and we can go live somewhere together!"

"Just you and me Yukimi..."

"I'll never let that monster get his hands on us"

The boy giggled at your words not understanding the meaning but he smiled.

You jogged for what seemed like an hour, your suspensions were that you were farther from the home. You were jogging to regain energy. Your memories came back to you when you stopped looking at giant oak tree. 

He used to take me up here to train.

...

I never knew he would be such a monster.

You pushed the memories back in your head. You didn't have to remember him now- it'd be only a matter of-

YOU FELT A KICK TO YOUR STOMACH

With your heightened reflexes you quickly grabbed your backpack off your back and tossed it to the side. You watched the bag land gently in a pile of snow, while your back got slammed into a tree, you wailed out in pain. The wisteria pedal behind your ear got knocked off.

He kicks way harder then that.

You opened your eyes to hear nothing but giggles. And what stood in front of you was a demon, giggling frantically and licking their lips.

"Hmm! Found myself a pretty meal tonight~!"

You stood up shakily clutching your kitchen knife. You began to cough out. Standing in front of the devil while You could see Yukimi's eyes peering out from the bag. You cracked your neck... it's been a awhile since I've been in a fight.

In that moment you remembered Sanemi and what he used to do as a child.

"Weaken them then string em' up in the sunlight!"

"Alright... I'll try."

"Try!? Don't give me that crap!"

"You're gonna win!"

"Now say it out loud!"

"I'm gonna..."

"I'm going to.."

"WIN"