25; Love

...

...

...

"Gahh~ chezz!"

Your eyes opened hearing the sound. The first thing you saw was Yukimi sitting on your stomach playing with a string that had a familiar butterfly ornament onto it with a bell; making small jingles. He looked at you and smiled slowly moving his mass over to your face and his small hands held your cheeks.

You lended him a soft smile. You could see Yukimi had, had a bath and was changed into a small thin, white yukata and a diaper covered his bum. You sat up slowly and then looked down at your body. You were cleaned up and changed into your spare kimono that was in your bag.

"Finally awake ehh?"

You weakly turned your head towards the voice. It was Mitsuri. She sat on the floor against a low table, a tea pot and tea cups set on the table. Her eyes had lost that shine she had long ago, they now had a slight glare to them as well. Her hands cupped her tea cup and brought it to her lips.

"You were asleep for two days..."

"I bathed you and took care of your little guy for you..."

"As much as he looks like him... he is pretty cute."

Mitsuri told you with a soft smile. You let out a sigh of relief that turned into a slight coughing fit... after you finished you cleared your dry throat and went to speak.

"I-I'm sorry Mitsuri..."

...

"For what?"

"For not moving..."

"For letting that whole thing-"

"It's alright, no one knew."

"Not even myself."

Mitsuri placed her tea cup down then looked at you.

"And when you were in need... I ran."

"Don't blame yourself..."

"It's not your fault."

Sniff*

Mitsuri's green eyes looked over to your body. She saw fresh tears fall from your eyelids.

"Oh Mitsuri..."

You sobbed. Yukimi staring at you and touching the water that came from your eyes in curiousity. You held a sleeve up to your face, embarrassed to be crying in front of her.

"I still can't help but think..."

"All of it! Everything was my fault!"

You wailed as your sob turned into a full on cry and break down. All the pain came back to you. Every single moment of the past came back. The regret; the hurt; the time. It felt selfish to be alive.

What he did to 

Mitsuri

What he did to

Obanai

What he did to

SANEMI

What he did to

ME

You felt like you should be dead.

Yukimi sadly babbled patting your cheek gently bringing you back to reality. You then felt another hand rest on your shoulder. Mitsuri now in front of you and looking at you with sorrow. Her hands then held your head running her fingers through your hair.

"It's alright."

"Nothing was your fault..."

"He fooled everyone, he fooled master."

"You went through so much... I had thought you'd be dead by now."

"But you're not... thank the gods above."

"Don't cry my dear..."

Mitsuri then engulfed you in a warm hug, Yukimi in the middle of the both of you. He giggled and nuzzled you. Your eyes widened and the tears spilling out stopped for a moment. Warmth and fuzziness filled your stomach and body.

Was this..

Was this what I felt long ago?

Is this...

Love?