26; A Horse With No Name

"B-b-bahhh"

"B-bah bi!"

Yukimi waved giggling as he sat in your sling. The fabric wrapped around your shoulder and holding him tightly. You sat on the horse's back with a sigh.

It was time to move.

Mitsuri stared at you both biting her lip. She was begging you both to stay but it was obvious you made up your mind. You had a large back pack on your back filled with money, dippers and two changes of clothes for you and Yukimi. The horse had saddle bags on it's back holding some supplies Mitsuri packed.

"Well... thank you Mitsuri...you've done so much for me."

...

"You don't have to go."

She repeated now looking downwards to the dirt floor to mask her falling tears.

"I can hide you-"

"I've caused enough trouble for you Mitsuri."

"I don't want you dead."

You spoke to her again. She bit her lip but shakily nodded. She brought a nichirin blade and a bundle of wisteria up from her palms and handed them to you.

"For your troubles..."

She whispered wiping her tears. You nodded taking the two and seething the sword in your belt helm while stuffing the wisteria in your bag. You looked back at the pink haired girl with sorrow and relief.

"Thank you so much Mitsuri..."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"B-bah Bi!"

Yukimi exclaimed waving so the girl wouldn't forget him. Mitsuri smiled walking up to Yukimi and pinching his cheeks.

"Give 'em hell Yukimi!"

She smiled stepping back with a wave as you held the horse's muzzle and whipped it to get the horse to move. The horse obeyed and began to trot along the dirt path.

"Mitsuri..."

"I will never forget you."

"And I'm sorry."

You spoke quietly to the horse's trots as you and Yukimi left the estate grounds.

You would travel as far as you could; get on a boat to no where; walk through mountains; and burn through deserts to escape him.

You did this for the safety of others,

For the safety of Yukimi,

For the safety of yourself.

As the sun shines down on your figure, reminding you of his presence you shut your eyes and kept trotting along on.

A Horse With No Name.