Chapter 16

Sana's POV

As the days passed, it's already been one week since the night talk started. I'm becoming more used to it and it's very chill, comfortable, and relaxing for me. It's like i'm getting a healing session. I'm not sure if Tzuyu feels the same way but i feel like we are growing closer and the bond between us is becoming stronger. It's like we know each other very well, more than how well we know our group of friends.

And somehow, Jeongyeon must have noticed something between me and Tzuyu. She sure is observant and notices a lot of things. We agreed to meet on the rooftop once again after our last lesson ends.

Jeongyeon informed our squad through text, on the group chat, so that they won't be worried about our whereabouts once school has ended.

"So, i have been wanting to ask you this question." Jeongyeon started and i hummed with a delighted smile, telling her to ask away.

"Have you ever thought about dating Tzuyu?" She asked with a firm tone and i was taken aback, not expecting her to ask this question. Not only that but because i have never thought about her question before, it has never slipped into my mind, not even once. Plus, Tzuyu and i have never talked about this, about one another. So, i was really surprised to hear that question.

"I-i don't know...I didn't think about dating her at all. It has never occurred to me in the first place. So now that you asked, i can only say that i have never thought about it. We are only best friends, after all." I said, stuttering at the start but soon regained my composure. Jeongyeon was resting her elbow on the railing while leaning her back against it, facing me.

"I'm going to give you a scenario. Imagine you and Tzuyu are dating one another, do you think that the both of you will work out?" She asked with a serious expression but at the same time, her eyes showed curiosity. I closed my eyes to make it easier for me to imagine the scenario given.

"Hmmmm...I think we will somehow work out." I hummed a long melody and said, opening my eyes. Jeongyeon crept up a smile, i feel like she's about to tease me.

"Oh? That's unexpected." She said in a teasing tone. I knew it. She's definitely going to tease me.

"By any chance, did you imagine yourself holding her hands and kissing her on the lips?" She asked, still smiling, and i coughed in surprise. That's way too sudden and out of nowhere...!

"Yah! I'm not going to tell you what i imagined!" I shouted at her, feeling my face getting hotter. She laughed, having fun teasing me, while i glared at her with fire, killing her with my gaze.

"Anyway, how are you and Tzuyu doing right now?" She asked. Finally, the topic has changed. I don't want to be teased by her again.

"We are doing good. Nothing much has been happening between us." I answered honestly.

"That's good to know. I'm glad that things are going well for the both of you so you should seize the opportunity before it's gone." She said with a relieved smile but soon smirked teasingly. This girl...! 

"YAH!" I shouted at her, stomping my feet, and she burst into laughter again. I puffed my cheeks, pouting my lips, and glared at her once more.

After chatting for a few more minutes, though she kept teasing whenever she can, we decided to head out of the school and parted ways, waving at one another goodbye. I walked back home and my mind drifted to what Jeongyeon said, regarding me and Tzuyu being a couple.

The more i think about it, the more i become unsure. Tzuyu and i are just best friends, aren't we? Even though i do think that we will work out somehow but on the other hand, i also think that we are meant to be best friends only. I'm getting more confused and it's becoming complicated.