Chapter 21

Tzuyu's POV

--Dream--

I found myself in a huge forest and i'm alone here. It feels like there's no one here and it's eerily quiet. I looked around to see any trace of a living human but none. So, i'm really alone. How did i end up here in the first place anyway?

I didn't know what to do and all i could do was look around, at the sky and my surroundings. Where are my friends? Are they not here too? Am i really alone in this forest with no living human?

I don't want to continue staying on the same spot and decided to rest my legs, feeling the numbness entering my legs. I walked to a nearby tree and sat down and leaned my back onto the trunk, having my legs fully on the forest floor. I stared at the bluish sky, wondering what to do here and questioning how i got here. I don't remember walking towards a forest or living with a forest nearby.

I soon heard leaves rustling and being stepped on. Someone is here, was what i thought as i quietly stood up and waited for whoever it is to appear in my sight. I noticed a figure approaching in my direction, they are coming from the direction across me. I think they noticed me because they stopped walking for a short moment but soon continued walking again, definitely coming towards me.

As they came closer, i instantly recognized the person. She's here too but not with her friends. Just like me, she's alone too. I walked towards her, feeling relieved to see her.

"You shouldn't be here, Tzuyu-ah." Sana said once we are standing in front of one another. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I didn't come here on purpose though and i was about to tell her that but she said something.

"You should go back." She said and i became even more confused. How do i even go back?

"How do i do that?" I asked her, finally speaking to her.

"Lie down and close your eyes." She immediately said, sounding like it's an obvious answer. She looks kind of serious. Is this the Sana i know? She gives off a different vibe from the Sana i know.

"Will you be by my side when i open my eyes again?" I asked her and for a short moment, i saw her eyes flickered in surprise.

"Yes, i will be there..." She trailed off and looked away, mumbling something under her breath.

"even though she's hurting on the inside." Was what i heard since we were standing quite close. I wanted to ask her what she meant by that and who she's referring to but she told me to lie down, sounding urgent. I did and she sat down next to me. I closed my eyes and the last thing i remembered before closing was her face hovering over mine.

----------

I slowly opened my eyes to a very familiar ceiling, the ceiling i always see whenever i wake up. I'm back in my room, no longer in the forest. I feel much better though it feels like my strength is not fully back yet, still feeling weak. I turned my head to the left side after noticing a figure from the corner of my eye. Sana, she's really by my side. Did she stay here the entire time?

I cleared my throat and Sana jolted her head up, fully awake from the noise, and looked at me with worry. She got up from the chair right away, looking really worried.

"Tzuyu-ah! Are you feeling better now? Do you want more water?" She asked with concern and i shook my head when she holds up the cup of water and she placed it back down onto the bedside table.

"I'm feeling better now but i still feel weak." I told her honestly and cleared my throat again. I sat up from the bed with her support.

"Maybe because you haven't eaten. Are you hungry?" Sana asked and on cue, my stomach growled and she heard it. She chuckled while i looked down at the blanket in embarrassment.