Reach my Hand

"Mom?"

We both look at the person who suddenly speak.

"Gilyeong? Is your mom here?" Dokja decided to ask him.

Uhh...

Gilyeong shakes his head then point a finger at me.

"Y/n? No, she doesn't even have a boyfriend." He said.

I know that I don't have a boyfriend but you don't need to slap my face with reality! Besides even if I don't have a boyfriend at least I have many husband. Hmph!

Who's with me?

I gave him a look that means "shut up".

Gilyeong ignore him and instead walk towards me.

"What's wrong, honey?"

"Will you go to sleep? Noona Sangah said I should call for you."

Awwee

Cute.

"Well I've had my nap so, I don't think I'll sleep anytime. You can go to Sangah and Huiwon and sleep with them."

"Are you sure? Mom hasn't been sleeping properly since we get here."

Isn't this kid too observative? Should I be careful?

Nah, he's not dangerous.

"I'm sure, now go to Noona Sangah and prepare to sleep."

He nodded and obeyed me.

"Woah. I didn't know you could be a mother? That's a new." Dokja said.

I completely forgot that he was there for a moment. Gosh!

"Everyone can be a mother."

"Yeah, right." He whispered.

"Pardon?" I said acting I didn't hear what he said.

"Nothing, anyway is that all you need?" He ask me

"Yeah, I've got everything I needed."

He nodded.

We fell into a pit of silence.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" I ask.

"Nope, I've got some few things to do."

Hmmm... Selling? Probably.

"Alright."

A couple of minutes have passed and I checked if the Gilyeong and the others are asleep.

Only Hyeonseong, Dokja and I are still awake.

The two boys are talking about something not that I care.

But after sometime a group of men approach us.

"Excuse me." They said.

The three of us look at each other before looking back at them.

~~~

"Wow" Huiwon exclaimed.

"You've sold out? What a joke. Those two-faced bastards..." She exasperated.

Sangah and Gilyeong are just looking at her. While I'm trying to look at a certain direction.

"May I have everyone's attention, please?" Inho said.

What a jerk.

What could be the perfect definition of this son of a bitch?

Did he die before Dokja left the Geumho station? I hope so.

"We will be limiting the distribution of food from today... To three biscuits per person." He said while smiling

Huiwon stop what she's talking about and focused on what Inho has to say.

I focused my attention to Inho again as the crowd starting to make a fuss.

Yesterday night it wasn't just from the minor group who pay Dokja for the food, mostly from the major group are the one who bought over half of the food Dokja scavenged.

Dokja didn't hand them the food before the payment. I still thought that they tried to trick us by getting the food before paying for them in inadequate coins.

They warned us by saying that we'll regret what we did. Inho though, before leaving us alone wink at me.

Arghh! Gross! Ewww!

Inho continue his little speech using his skill Incite

Before Junghyeok left I've found another skill. It's kinda like what Dokja has but a little different.

I think my skill is a little higher than his.

The crowd starting to glare at us so in instinct I put Gilyeong behind me and also glare at them.

Before I do anything else Dokja step in front of us. I didn't give any attention to what he did so instead I kneel one knee to look at Gilyeong.

"Gil, why don't you go at our spot and eat some snack? You can get some chocolate chip from the things I brought yesterday night. Also, can you get some biscuits for me and Dokja?"

He nodded and go.

I once again focused on Huiwon and Dokja.

"You left some food for yourself  though, right?" Huiwon ask.

Huiwon started to rant about Dokja. Asking if we can trust him.

"No. I've sold all of it." Dokja deadpan.

Not long enough Gilyeong came back with snacks in his hand. He's eating a chocolate stick.

"Than you, love." He only smiled at me.

I think he heard what Dokja says so, he goes to him and poke him the snack.

Awwweee! Something never really change! It's cute to see them like that.

"You know the foods you brought yesterday? Eat them all now." He said as he turned to me.

Dude? Don't look at me I'm eating right now!

I  threw a snack at him then continue eating. I look away from him because I felt like I'm embarrassing myself.

Shit!

In the end he eat what I gave him. I can't have him passing out.

Gilyeong went back to me and eat silently. He looks at me and give me a closed eye smile.

Such a cinnamon roll!

We decided to go do our own thing. After I ate what I had and make sure that Gilyeong is full enough for the couple of hours I decided to take a nap.

"Such a worthless daughter!"

"I shouldn't befriended you!"

"Cheater!"

Such hurtful words. I don't know but if this is the past of this body I'll swing a bat at those person! Especially his Dad!

I then got shifted in another place. I think this is the rooftop?

"Don't jump! I know life isn't easy but... Don't end your life."

I turn around to see the person but the face of this man is blurry.

"Here! T-take my hand! I'll help! Just don't jump." He extended his hands and  hope that I'll take it.

It's like I don't have a control over this body. My hand slowly reach out to him.

He got my hand and whip me out of the border line. His hand didn't escape from my eyes as he put it in my waist.

I look at him again and to my surprise it's-

"Mom, wake up!"