The Project

Emily's POV
Oh my god.. Was Alison about to kiss me..? I really, really wanted her to, I mean after the library, I honestly dream of it.
It'd look strange if I stay by this wall..
I walked over to Alison's bed, hovering over it. I could hear them walking up the stairs so I sat down on Alison's soft bed.
The door opened as I saw Hanna bursting into the room. "EMILY!" she shouted out in glee, she walked over to me and I stood up and we hugged.
Then came Aria with her pink streaks, and her books with a booklet on poems.
Then there was Spencer who didn't seem like she wanted to be here at all.
We all sat on Ali's bed, waiting for her. Our textbooks were scattered around on her bed.

"So, Hanna, aren't you working on a project with Mona?" Aria asked as she reached over to grab Hanna's textbook to see what she was doing.
"Yeah, she's nice. Organized. Shy. But she had to go with her mum to buy some sweaters" Hanna replied
"But its Summer." Spencer added
"Yeah, well her mum likes to buy them early" Hanna responded.

We could hear footsteps approaching the door, we all knew who it was so we sat there in silence.
The door opened and there she was.
Holding a tray of biscuits and drinks.
Still, her curls shone brightly, her eyes sparkling, her lipstick a shade of red.
"So, what were you talking about?" she placed the tray on her desk and ran to her bed. Sitting down next to me.
I could smell her perfume, a sweet vanilla scent.
"Mona." Spencer spoke for us
I could see the change in Ali's expression.
"Ugh, you know how much I loathe that bitch. Never talk about her again." she shot glares at us.
None of us dared to speak.

I hate when she's like this. Deep down she is a nice person, she just has a different way of showing her kindness.
The silence disappeared as Spencer cleared it up insisting we should start on our projects or we'd never finish them.

We chatted for so long, Spencer was the only one who actually did anything.
"So, hows your dad Aria?" Alison looked at Aria as Aria seemed a little shocked and stayed quiet.
I wonder why.
"..He's fine.." Aria managed to say.
Alison smirked and then looked at Hanna munching on a cookie.
"Hanna. Do you really want to do that? I mean you've already got your stomach full, its going to burst if you eat anymore." Alison said, as Hanna fumbled with her fingers, putting the half-eaten cookie down.
Not saying a word, she looked like she was going to cry.

I hate it when Alison's like this.

"Stop it Ali!" I shouted at her
She seemed to be taken aback by it.
"What, Em?" she glared at me.
I gulped.
"Stop saying things about Hanna! She can do what she wants. Hanna is beautiful the way she is." I said as Hanna lifted her head to look at me.

Spencer and Aria seemed surprised that I stood up to Ali.
Usually it'd be one of them to say things about Ali, I never did.

She leaned over to me, and whispered
"So that's your type. Blonde and blue eyes? Seems familiar doesn't it?" she smirked.

It's only because I love her.
I couldn't say anything back because she was right.
I was so furious with her right now.
Talking about my friend like that, and mocking me, she can go tonight for all I care.

My phone started buzzing, and I took my phone out and looked at the name.
"Ben".

I stood up and walked outside Alison's room; shutting the door behind me.

"Hello?" I answered.

Aria's POV
After Em walked out, we all wondered who it could be.
"Ali, you were next to her. Who was it?" I asked her as she looked at us three.
"I don't know. Why don't we listen?" Alison suggested
"That's invading her privacy." Spencer snapped

"Yeah. Whatever, if you won't, I will." Ali stood up and walked to the door to listen.

Alison's POV
I crouched down and put my ear in the little crack in the door that I made.
I could hear her soft giggles, and I looked through the cracks of my door.
She was pacing around nervously, tangling her fingers in her hair.
Her soft laugh,
"Yeah, sure I'll come over to yours soon Ben." She giggled still pacing around.