Comfort

Emily's POV
I pulled away from the kiss, it had been so long since I last saw Ali, since we had kissed, I'm not saying that I didn't want it because I did. I just didn't understand. I didn't know what to say.

"Merry Christmas Ali." I smiled at her, her eyes sparkled, glowing whilst looking up at me.

Yes, I was the one who had went in for it, I wanted it but I didn't know why I did it.

Her blue eyes now looked more beautiful than ever, like crystals and they were looking at me, I blinked a couple more times, we hadn't said a word.

"Uh.." we both said at the same time.
"You go first." Ali said, for the first time, Ali was selfless, normally she'd butt in and say what she wanted to.
"No, you go first." I awkwardly laughed

"I uh.." she started, fidgeting with the scarf around her neck.

"I don't know why I came here. I just- my feet brought me here and I just had a terrible night, and I didn't want to go back home and I just didn't know where to go." she stammered

I tried to hold in my laugh but I couldn't resist and let it out.

Ali blushed a shade of pink before speaking, "What's so funny?"

"I've never seen you like this." I told her

She looked at me with eyes that made me feel weak. I was captivated, I didn't really know what I wanted, I just got out of a relationship, did I just want someone to fill that hole that was ripped out of me? So did I just take the person who I had liked for years, kissed them to fill it? I don't know. I never knew what I felt around Ali, she was always so mysterious, adorable, mesmerising, stunning. I looked into her eyes with uncertainty; my heart beat was steady, I wasn't sure either. Ali didn't pull away, but she didn't kiss me either, was she using me as practice again? I felt my heart sink after remembering what had happened in the locker room.
That was the one time I thought I had a chance.

"The stars are beautiful tonight." she spoke, breaking my train of thoughts, she walked to my porch, looking up. I watched, looking at her back, she had the perfect body and could've had anyone she wanted, even for practice, why me?

I walked forward to take a stand next to her, I looked up, watching the stars.

"Yeah." I agreed

I didn't know what to do with these thoughts and feelings.

"I should get going, I don't want to be nagged at for not coming home." she explained, turning to look at me.

I nodded, taking in the view I had of Alison, she looked so beautiful with the snow and stars above.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" It wasn't really a question, but I nodded whilst she started walking away from my house, she kept her hands wrapped around the scarf I gave her, her hands holding the pendant around her neck whilst she smiled to myself.

I walked back into my house, the silence could kill you. The house was decorated, of course I loved Christmas.

I immediately slipped into my PJ's and went to bed. The kiss replayed in my head and I didn't want to think too much into it, eventually I'd have to talk to Ali about it anyways.

* * *
Alison's POV
I sat in my bed, writing in my diary. I was writing an entry about Christmas, how bad my dinner was but that got turned around after Emily had kissed me.
The girls didn't know I wrote about them in my diary, if maybe they had brains maybe they'd realise which entries were about who.

[ Mermaid // Mermaid had found a way to turn my Christmas around, it was unexpected, but I didn't mind. We exchanged gifts, mermaid was the only person who I could tolerate. I didn't know how to approach Mermaid so I was thankful that I was replied to. Mermaid had given me yet another gift that I loved, I hope that my present was okay, sure I got the others gifts however I never got them matching gifts. Maybe I should get one for us all, there was a shop on the outskirts of Rosewood that would make custom bracelets. Mermaid and I had shared a kiss, not our first, didn't feel like our last either. I felt like I was fragile, it was like in that moment, I was going to explode. I know, these were probably feelings but surely it was me admiring what an amazing person she was. I wouldn't be accepted for this, I'd lose everything that I was always made to have, popularity. If I left it alone, then possibly I could move on from these emotions that were dragging me down. //