Dances | Lust & Love

Alicia's POV

"Ugh, I look horrible" Emily groaned as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Both my hands were on her shoulders,
"You look beautiful, Em" I whispered in her ear.

I could see her cheeks turning red in the mirror.

She's adorable.

Emily sat by her desk, infront of a smaller mirror. She had boxes of jewelry set out on the desk.

"They're all so pretty, I don't know which one I should wear!" she looked at them, picking them up then she placed them down again.

She turned her head back to look at me,
"Which one should I wear Alicia?" she smiled.

That little flirty smile.

I walked over to her desk, I saw the jewelry alligned perfectly. I picked up a emerald pendant.
"How about this one?" I asked as I showed it to her.
She smiled, "Whichever you think looks best."

Everything looks good on her; I crouched down so that I could get to her neck. I moved her nearly curled hair to the side, it was soft and smooth.

"Alicia." she said my name.
"Mmm?" I responded

"I.. I-I think I'm ready.. you gave me confidence a-and I think I'm ready to tell my parents.." she tried to sound confident but I could see her hands fidgeting under her desk and her legs shaking.

"To know that I'm the one who gave you confidence, makes me happy." I smiled, "But.. are you sure?" I asked looking in the mirror to see her worrying.

"I don't know.. I can try but you don't know my parents, my mom, she's.. she wouldn't accept a daughter like me.. I wouldn't exist her eyes, I'd be seen like a lodger who just stays in her house." She explained.

"Listen, Emily, you're a beautiful person, you have a beautiful personality too, your mom will accept you, she might need time to accept it, like you did. It's okay with you being yourself, it's okay to not be ready to tell anyone but never pretend that you're not who you are. I like the you now, I think that you're a strong girl who can deal with alot. But sometimes, you can't always be strong, you have to let it out too. But it's up to you to decide." I confessed.

She turned round to look at me, she peered into my eyes. My heart beat so fast, it was like a bullet train.
Emily's eyes could shoot you down with innocence, the kind that would keep your heart beating.

I looked into her eyes and could see pure kindness.

After her confession of wanting to go with me, accepting who she is, I don't know if I'll be able to keep myself in the safe zone. We're so close, our noses are touching, I could just lean in and kiss her soft lips.

Bzzzzz!
Damn it!

She jumped in surprise, and we lost contact. I quickly clasped the pendant on her as she fixed her hair, applying her makeup.

"It's probably Spencer" Emily cleared the air.

I decided to get her phone for her,
"Em, you got a text from Ali" I read as she reacted a bit too quickly, a smile forming on her face but then it was replaced with a neutral expression.

"She asked who's your ride." I continued reading.

"Tell her Spencer. Also, add to it that there's already a lot of us, so she should get a ride from someone else" Emily said as she added a touch of lipstick.

I did as told as I hit the send button.

Bzzzzz
"It's a text from Spencer."

"What does it say?" Emily asked grabbing her new shiny black 3-inch heels. She started putting them on.