Sometimes

Alison's POV
"You don't have to babysit me." I laughed, snuggling deeper underneath my blanket.

Emily walked from my dressing table, to sit on my bed.

She leaned forward to put our foreheads together.

This made me feel some type of way, I couldn't explain it, it was like I died for a second.

"Hm... you still have a fever, your cheeks got redder; I'll go get an icepack" Em stood up, I reached for her hand.

"No.. I don't need it." I insisted
"Alison." she scolded, "You won't get better like this." she said in a serious tone.

I tried to contain my laughter but let out a little giggle.

"Emily, I'm fine. Stop worrying. Go. Go see Alicia, go on a date with her or something, go and be with her, kiss her, hug her, or whatever." I turned so that I was facing the wall, away from Em.

"You're ill though." Emily said frustrated, running her hands through her hair.

"It's fine. I'll be fine. Just go." I said

"Is that honestly, what you want me to do?" she asked in a quiet voice

"Yes." I coldly responded

I heard footsteps approach my bedroom door, the door opened, and I heard the footsteps go down the stairs.

And I was alone again.

I exhaled deeply, staring at my wall.

I then felt cold air, grazing my skin, my blanket was lifted, and I felt a warm body try to snuggle up with me.

"Move up." they giggled

That soft light voice, it was absolutely beautiful.

I turned to face the figure, our faces were so close, my face flushed another tone, but I guess you couldn't really notice it.

I immediately moved up to widen the space.

"So, Emily, why did you come back?" I asked, curious.

"Do I need a reason?" she smiled

"Emily, you'll get ill." I spoke

"Well, it's better than leaving you here alone isn't it?" she laughed, snuggling up to keep our bodies close.

"So, how much longer is your suspension?" Emily asked

"4days." I replied

"Noel is holding a welcome back party at his the day I come back." I smiled, thinking of what a great friend Noel is.

"You should come." I invited her

There was a moment of silence, as I proceeded to speak again; "And you can bring your girlfriend." I added on

"You'd be okay with that?" she spoke as if she was afraid

A sharp pain could be felt throughout my body, Emily was afraid of me. I mean for others that was good, but Emily, she was, innocent. I didn't want her to hate me, be afraid of me, I wanted her to be comfortable around me, to be herself. Hearing that she was afraid of what I thought, saddened me.

"Yeah." I agreed

If it makes Emily happy, that's good.

"Look, Alison, if you're not okay with it, it's okay; me and Alicia can go to mine and watch Netflix." she said as if she knew my thoughts.

And chill...
My mind wandered off into thoughts of them.

"No, no, It's okay, I'm okay with it." I persisted