The Start

Spencer's POV
I woke up, looked at my alarm, exactly one minute before I was supposed to wake up.

Normal students would go straight back to bed, me? I have to get up, to study.
Practice makes perfect!
I never get any recognition from my parents, it's always Melissa.

I got up from my bed and looked at my desk, all my notebooks were placed there, neatly.

I went to my bathroom, and could hear chattering downstairs.
Mum squealing over Melissa's place at the top university.

I mean, it's to be expected. What Melissa wants, she can get it, because she's a Hastings, it's natural.

I work hard for it.

I sighed and closed the bathroom door behind me.

*** *** ***

Aria's POV

I yawned as I went down my staircase for breakfast, Mike already went for Lacrosse tryouts.

I got to the table, pulled my chair out and sat in it. I could see my mum, Ella, cooking breakfast.

"Morning." I greeted, forcing a smile upon my face, I can't keep lying..

"Good morning Aria, and good morning dear." she replied as dad walked down the stairs with a newspaper article in his hand, he kissed mum on the lips and took a seat.

I looked at him, shameful. How could he do that to us?

Mum plated our food up, but not her own.

I couldn't take just sitting at this table, pretending I don't know and make us all a happy family again. I just can't.

"Actually, mom, you eat with dad. I'm not really feeling like eating at home today, I'll grab something from the brew." I said walking out the room, taking my leather jacket and bag.

I walked with my leather jacket hanging from my arm, and got into my car. I sat in the driver's seat and released a stressed sigh, I put my key in my ignition and put my foot on the clutch and drove to the Brew.
I walked in with a book in my hand, Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles.

I stood in the queue waiting to order my coffee as I looked at the menu above.

"Next!" The cashier said as I moved forward.

"A Dry soy cap please." I ordered as I got out my purse paying for the coffee.

I paid and held my coffee in my hand, I turned round to see all the tables being occupied.

I walked awkwardly towards the only available seat, why was it awkward, you ask?

Because it was next to Mr.Fitz.

I was just staring at him, his curly hair looked as soft as cotton candy.
How would it feel to have my hands run through his smooth hair?

Mr.Fitz took a sip from his coffee and glanced up to look at me, gawking at him.
I must look like a creep.

"Aria, theres a seat here" an angelic voice greeted me, I just nodded and sat in the seat next to him. He had paperwork scattered on the desk infront of him.

I held my coffee in my hands, fidgeting with my fingers, taking a sip every now and then.
Mr.Fitz got up, with a book in his hand.

"It was nice to see you, Aria. Make sure you're not late to school." he took a step and then smiled.

"Bye, Mr- Ez--" I cut myself off, unsure what to call him outside of school.

"Ezra's fine." he laughed