The person next to me

Emily's POV

I woke up groaning, my hand over my forehead blocking the sunlight. I remembered two events that occured yesterday night, and both I hated.

I looked at my clock which was sitting at my table, 11.50am.

Great, I woke up extremely late.

I grabbed my phone from my desk, looking at my lockscreen;

Missed Call (3) Hanna

Missed Call (6) Ben

Missed Call (1) Aria

Missed Call (1) Mom

I immediately called my mom, waiting for her to pick up, I got out of bed holding my phone to my ear, opening my closet to find some clothes.

She finally picked up,

"Hello?"

"Em!"

"How's it going mom?"

"It's been great! Texas is amazing, you should've come with us, Em"

Now, I wish I did

"Well I wanted to stay for the upcoming swim meet, and for my friends."

"Yeah, so, have you been eating properly?"

"Yeah, I have."

"Have you been sleeping early and getting to school on time?"

I paused. I can't lie to my mum, but she'd kill me if I said no.

"Yes." I immediately replied

"Alright then, go back to class then Em, before you get into trouble. I miss you, love you."

"I will, I miss you too mom, I love you too." I said as I hung up our call.

I wish mom was back, she'd cuddle up with me and tell me that things would work out, that everything will be okay.

I showered, put on my clothes, put on my converse, and headed to school.

I stopped infront of the gate and rang the buzzer, the gate opened and then I walked in, and into the main office.

I walked past the doors and was in the hallway, nobody looked at me, not because I'm part of Ali's group, and not because I was late. It was just time for next lesson.

I walked past people grabbing their textbooks and shutting their lockers.

I got to my locker and opened it, I put yesterday's textbooks in, then put what I needed today in my bag. I closed my locker shut, when someone came running to me.

Little legs, pink streaks, punk outfit, Aria.

"Em!" she shouted to me, which hurt my ears.

"Hey!" I replied gleefully

"Did you just arrive now?" she asked as her legs came together, and you could see the rest coming towards us.

"Emily, you're late, you've never broken a rule, today you've broken rule #7 which is To arrive on time or before so then you can engage in your education." Spencer read off her notebook adjusting her fake glasses.

She only wore them because she said it makes a good first impression, since it makes others think shes really clever, which she is; but she never thinks she's clever enough.

Hanna just looked at me with worry.

"Why are you so late?" Hanna asked me as sweat rolled off her forehead