Assignment

Emily's POV

The week went by quickly, Alison rarely came to school, even if she did, she bunked her lessons. I wonder if it had anything to do with what happened during Gym..

I had asked Hanna but Hanna didn't know anything about it. Spencer seemed to have not spoken to Ali at all, I mean why would she? They practically fought about everything.

I was sitting in English, staring at the empty seat next to me. Alison wasn't sitting there, I sighed, closing my textbook the moment I heard the bell ring.

"You're dismissed." Ezra spoke as chairs clattered scraping the floor as people tucked their chairs under their desks.

"Emily, can you please stay behind?" Ezra asked as a few heads turned to look at me, including Alicia.

Ezra shot them a look which made them leave the room in silence.

The door shut, silence filled the room.

"What's this about, Mr.Fitz?" I asked, impatiently tapping my foot.

He searched his desks for something until he grabbed a pile of papers.

"Would you mind delivering these papers to Alison as she's missed many assignments and I'm not fond of students missing out on education." He passed the papers in my hands.

Before I had a chance to even say anything, he said "Thank you." and walked away to his desk.

Me and Ali.. right now, since we haven't been speaking, this would be awkward.

The classroom door opened and a swarm of students came rushing in.

Sighing, looking at the papers, I exited the classroom, to be met by Alicia's bright smile and baby blue eyes peering into mine.

"What's that?" she asked curious

"Oh.. these are assignments Mr.Fitz gave to me to give to Ali." I explained

She gave a disgusted look before returning to speak.

"Can't she get it herself? She's the one bunking off school, that's her fault. You  don't have to give it to her." she snapped

"Well, I want to talk to Ali about what happened last week too.." I added, tryin g to keep my voice low to not draw attention

"What? Do you think what we was doing was wrong? There's nothing wrong with us, or what we were doing." she practically shouted at me

"No, I, All I meant was that, I should've chased after Ali, It's not nice to catch someone she asked to meet like that." I explained

"Well, so? I'm sure she's like that all the time, that slut, I mean all she does is seduce the horny boys in school." she said

"Stop it!" I raised my voice, shoving her into a nearby locker.

"Stop talking about Ali like that, she's my friend, she does have a heart, she's human too, why can't anybody realise that?" I shouted

"Just a friend?" Alicia whispered into my ear with fury

I paused unable to say anything.

"Sorry for my attitude." she apologised

I let my hands leave her shoulders, I stepped back until I could see a wave of blonde hair swing past my eyes.

Alicia was flung onto the ground, gasps from students could be heard while some students rushed out from their classes.

People took out their phones, taking pictures and videos.

"Ugh, you broke my heel." her voice boomed, echoing through the hallway.