chapter 41

The more you let go, the higher you rise.” –Anonymous

Amira Sultan p.o.v

"But Ammi , I don't think so it's -"  

" No " she cut me off 

" You both are husband and wife living separately all these months , I didn't say anything but not anymore " her voice held determination as she looked between us .

Khalid and I were standing like some child caught eating food during last and now our teacher is taking our class. 

" You both are going to live in one room from now on " she said with finality no room for argument .

I gasp " but Ammi -" 

" Here is all her stuff " Nafisa and Mehjabin entered the Khalid room with all my bags .

I gasp way too dramatically " you touched my stuff " 

" And yet we didn't find any gold " she gave a sarcastic smile .

I lower my eyebrows at two of them who just gave each other high five .

I look toward Khalid , who was silent all this time , he didn't even protest for once .

What's going on in his mind ???

But most importantly, how am I going to share this room with him ???

Ya Allah please save me !

At times I didn't even eat anything for dinner , my mind was full thinking about Khalid , how am I supposed to share a room with him .

He hates me

" Do not enter my room ever " his angry face flash in front of my eyes inwardly I flinch .

Khalid Mirza p.o.v

I was working on the laptop leaning on the bed stand , sideways I saw Amira peeping through the door debating whether to come inside or not .

I loved how she became flushed when Ammi shared the idea to share a room together.

" You can come in, " I said when I realised she wasn't planning to enter .

Her eyes widened , she strengthened herself " huh" she fake laughed " of course I was going to enter , I wasn't waiting for your permission " she flipped her hair dramatically entering inside. 

I shook my head , I am now well aware of her three personalities .

One silent 

Second patience 

Third over dramatic .

My eyes followed her movement , she walked toward the mirror and her night routine kept glancing my way through the mirror .

I don't know why , she looked quite pissed off… 

Of course she is … after everything I have done , why would she want to share a room with me?

She laid on the side of the bed carefully , like she wanted to get away from me .

I shook my head and went back to my work .

Unintentionally , I found my eyes moving back to her again even though I knew she was pretending to be asleep but she looked so innocent like a child and cherry on top , she had a baby face which was extremely cute . 

I didn't know how long I had been staring at her . She was simply beautiful but most importantly she had a beautiful character .

I felt like a creep so I removed my eyes from the sleeping beauty . I focused on my work .

Half an hour later , I was distracted by the weird noise she was making . I shut my laptop and look at her to realise it was her stomach 

Her stomach growling like crazy . She didn't even eat her dinner properly .

Sighing I removed my blanket over my body then went downstairs to find something to eat .

There were vegetables and  so I started making them .

" Ahem " I cleared my throat entering the room .

She peeks her one eye open then another one .

" What's this " she got up , her stomach growling again .

I sat in front of her and lean closer " your stomach has been growling so I figured out you must be hungry " 

Her cheeks turned crimson red , she snatched the bowl from my hand glaring .

" Why so sweet today " she smiles sarcastically .

" I want to work without hearing the growling of your stomach now and then " I fake smile too .

" Mean " she muttered, taking a full bite .

I smile going back to my place , tomorrow is big day , once I crack this deal my connection will be World wide , and that rat will soon come out of his hole 

Amira Sultan p.o.v

Covering my face I turned around ,  I felt the sun glaring like my step mom when she wanted to wake me up .

Fluttering my eyes open , I saw the most handsome face of my so-called husband . Even though I tried my best, I couldn't help gawking at him . 

His eyes were sea green , with a hint of black speck in them , they were captivating , my eyes widened in shock when I realised he was awake and staring back at me .

" Are you done ogling ?"   He asked with an arrogant smirk on his face .

" Well I am sorry for staring at you like that " I said . And the smirk on his face stretched " I couldn't help because I haven't seen anyone look so unattractive before " I added .

His smirk dropped like hot water and he glared at me . I was laughing in my head at his red face .

" I will take an appointment " I sat stretching his arm , my eyebrows furrowed in confusion .

" Appointment " I sat up too .

" For what ?" 

He stared my face for few second " for your eyes " 

"  I am handsome , you need spectacles " he said with a smirk and flexing his muscles .

Scowling his way , I collected my hair in a bun , I removed the blanket a little too harshly which fell on his face .

Good ..

" Wild cat " I heard him mumble .

After I was done , I came out drying my hair with a white towel .

I saw Khalid still on the bed , scrolling his phone .

Shaking my thoughts , I went to the mirror to dry my hair with a hair dryer .

I hope today's dinner party doesn't create chaos like it happened .

Suddenly my breath got hitched and I froze in my movements, Khalid gazing my way through the mirror with an unknown emotion .

I don't know how long we have been staring but suddenly  he looked away , getting out of bed. He went to the washroom without giving me a glance . 

Why did I have this feeling that his behaviour is changing toward me ??

But why ?