2

"Good morning, Asami!" A soft, feminine voice rang through the tired ears of an eleven year old girl. Said girl turned over in her futon to try and get more sleep with a small groan.

"Five more minutes, Mitsuri." The pale girl murmured drowsily. Asami's caretaker giggled cheerfully.

"Not today! You get to start training after breakfast." The pink and green haired woman smiled brightly. Asami's yellow eyes shot open, having forgotten about her training with the Love Pillar.

"Crap, I forgot about that!" Asami slapped her forehead, almost instantly regretting it since it hurt her hand on the impact.

Kanroji promised the girl that she would mentor her into becoming a Demon Slayer once Asami was done with her physical therapy with Kocho. Yesterday was Kaneko's last day with the Insect Hashira, so today they could begin their training. Mitsuri had the lesson planned out, with the help of her former mentor, Rengoku.

The Love Hashira smiled at her pupil before leaving the girl's room to let her get dressed. Asami rubbed the leftover sleep in her eyes with her forearm before rubbing her daily ointment onto her hands. After applying it, she put on her special gloves. These gloves were made with the same Nichirin metal Demon Slayer's have their swords made of. The inside is padded and they're very comfortable. Her gloves also don't cause any strain on her fingers when she grips something. Asami then put on a skirt and long sleeve shirt that would help her get used to wearing her uniform if she passed the Final Selection. Shinobu had recently given her a pair of knee high socks that would cover her more. Asami put on the haori Mitsuri had given her. It was ivory colored. The ends of the sleeves faded to a dark blueish grey and it had purple little flowers on it.

She brushed out her periwinkle hair before going downstairs to eat with Mitsuri. For breakfast, Kanroji had made steamed rice, miso soup, dried and seasoned seaweed, grilled fish, udon, green tea, sakura mochi, and strawberry mochi. All of which were prepared in large portions for the females with large appetites. Asami thanked Mitsuri for the meal, then they both dug in.

"Before we start training, can I have Tengen do my hair? It feels weird without having it braided." Kaneko asked after swallowing a bite. Kanroji nodded, enjoying her food too much to reply verbally.

After they were both finished with their breakfast and washed their dishes, Asami went out to find the Sound Pillar. Once she did, she ran up to him.

"Good morning, Tengen!" Asami greeted. Uzui pat her on the head and replied with his own 'good morning'. "I start my training soon, so can you please be quick with my hair today?" She said, speaking quickly to emphasize her rush.

"Training already? I thought you just got here." Uzui fake cried, scooping up Asami and spinning her around.

"Hey! Put me down!" She laughed, struggling in the mans strong arms.

"Not a chance! I won't let them take my flashy girl away from me!" He said, holding the eleven year old even tighter.

"Hello there, Uzui." Mitsuri's voice rang through the air. "It'd be much appreciated if you didn't strangle my pupil. Please put her down." A passive aggressive aura seemed to radiate around Kanroji. It was enough to make Tengen freeze for a moment, having never seen this side of Mitsuri before. He set down Asami and straightened himself up.

"My apologies." He cleared his throat. "Come on, kid." Asami followed Tengen to their usual spot where he would put the three braids in her hair.

"What was that all about?" Asami asked as the silver haired man began braiding. It was a moment of silence before he replied.

"I find you flamboyant, Asami Kaneko." He said. Asami blinked, an embarrassed blush creeping on her cheeks.

"Where's this coming from?" She stammered.