52

Another month and a half later

Asami was still ordered to stay in the Butterfly Mansion until Aoi told her she was healed enough to leave. During that time, Asami had been trying to make peace with the death of the other Hashira. She ate just as much as she used to, and tried her best to fulfill Mitsuri's request. Kaburamaru helped relieve Asami's pain quite a bit. She could see how Obanai cherished him the way he did.

Right now, Asami was relaxing with Tanjiro and Nezuko while Inosuke and Zenitsu slept. Tanjiro and his sister were talking about how thankful they were to everyone there. Tanjiro still felt really bad about what happened when he had turned into a demon. Nezuko was a little upset with how many time Tanjiro would apologize.

Suddenly, Tengen and his wives barged in through the door. They all yelled excitedly when they saw Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Asami. Suma was a little too loud for Makio's liking and was hit in the face. Suma cried because of this. Hinatsuru hugged Asami with a big smile.

"So you're leaving tomorrow after your discharge?" Tengen pat Tanjiro's head.

"Yeah. And you guys are taking Asami later today?" Tanjiro asked.

"Yup!" Tengen grinned.

"You better come visit us." Asami said.

"Here's our address and some snacks for souvenirs." Hinatsuru said with a closed eye smile.

"Hey there!" Another voice had said from the door. Asami looked over and was greeted with a familiar head of yellow and red hair, but a different face.

"Is that Senjuro?" Asami asked.

"Yeah!" Tanjiro replied.

"Dad, come on already!" Senjuro hauled his father into the room.

"Senjuro and Shinjuro!" Tanjiro greeted with a smile.

"What are you waiting for, sir?" Tengen waved.

"So... I heard you fought with my son's... Kyojuro's hilt in hand. Thank you. I'm sure that boy is happy." Shinjuro said.

"Oh no! Kyojuro's words have encouraged me many times! I'm the one who should be thankful!" Tanjiro denied.

"So much noise..." A groggy Zenitsu murmured. "Ahh! The Wyottoko brigade is back again!! These guys come here almost every day!! And there's more?!! Why are you all showing up at the same time like you planned it!? The room is already crowded as hell!!" He screamed, now full of energy. Kaburamaru hissed at Zenitsu as he screamed. Asami sighed tiredly and got up to leave the room since her snake companion was getting antsy.

Asami decided to leave the Butterfly Mansion for a little bit and just wanted to walk around headquarters for a little bit. She knew Aoi would yell at her when she got back, but it's worth it. Asami went to the Love Estate and just walked around, reminiscing about all her time here.

"Today, we're going to the graveyard to put flowers on everyone's graves. Then tomorrow, we're going to live with Tengen. After that, who knows what will happen. I'm really gonna miss you. I'll come back and visit." Asami spoke as if she were having a conversation with Mitsuri.

Mitsuri's rabbit hopped towards Asami. Aoi told her that she and the other girls took good care of the bunny while she was recovering. Seeing the cute rabbit made Asami smile. She picked up the bunny and held it close. She didn't have any fear of Kaburamaru eating Mitsuri's rabbit because he and the rabbit got along well when Obanai came over.

"I'll be back tomorrow to pack my stuff for when I leave. Goodbye, Mitsuri." Asami said, turning around and walking away. She returned to the Butterfly Estate, now with two companions. She walked to her room, running into Giyuu along the way.

"Hello, Giyuu!" Asami smiled.

"Hello. It's nice to see you." Tomioka had a small smile on his face.

"I like your new haircut. I might cut mine."

"Did you just come back from the Love Mansion?" Giyuu asked, taking notice of the rabbit in Asami's arm.

"Yeah. Tomorrow's when I'll say my final goodbyes to it. Tengen and his wives are letting me stay with them." She informed.

"Well, I'll see you around." Giyuu turned to leave.

"Hey, Giyuu!" Asami called out before he was out of range. "Be sure to write to me." She said. Giyuu nodded.

"Right." And with that, Tomioka left. Asami smiled after her friend then continued her way to her room for more rest. She laid down on her bed, her rabbit stretched out on her stomach, and Kaburamaru curled around her neck. It kind of felt like she was just napping with Iguro and Kanroji. It was very nice. Asami slept for about an hour, then was woken up by Nezuko.

"Asami?" Nezuko's soft voice stirred the sleeping girl.

"Hm?" Asami hummed, her eyes opening.

"It's time to go to the graveyard." Nezuko said.

"What? Already?" Asami sat up, waking up her rabbit and snake in the process.

"We got a whole bunch of flowers for all the graves." Nezuko smiled sweetly.

"Right. I'll be there in two minutes." Asami said. Nezuko nodded and walked out of the room. Asami pet her bunny and smiled. "Guess it's time." She murmured. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and yawned. Her rabbit followed her outside and stuck close to her side when she and her friends placed flowers on all of the graves.

"This day is never gonna end!" Zenitsu whined. "How many do you think there are? There's no way we'll make it to Tanjiro's house today if we're giving everyone flowers."

Inosuke ran by, throwing flowers everywhere. "I'm doing it!! See?" He cackled.

"You're gonna get cursed, damn you!!" Zenitsu screamed. Asami and Nezuko laughed at the duo while Tanjiro worried for his friend.

"The sun's setting already! I'm hungry!" Zenitsu complained. They continued to out flowers on the deceased demon slayer's graves.

Afterwards, they all headed to Tanjiro and Nezuko's old residence. Upon arriving, the Kamado's reunited with their uncle, Saburou. They prayed at Tanjiro's family's graves and then cleaned up the whole house. The boys took a bath while Nezuko was teaching Asami how to cook. Asami stayed the night with Tanjiro and Nezuko before returning to Demon Slayer Headquarters.

When she returned, the first thing she did was pack her belongings. She also took many of Mitsuri's things with her. She couldn't part with some of her stuff. Tengen, Makio, Suma, and Hinatsuru came to the Love Estate to pick up Asami so they could bring her back to their home. Before Asami left, she said her final goodbyes to the girls at the Butterfly Mansion. Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho all cried when Asami had to leave. They gave her lots of snacks and a blanket they had made. Kanao was upset Asami was leaving, and gave her a big hug. Aoi gifted Asami the last of the ointment Shinobu had prepared for her hand in case they started getting bad again.

"I'll miss you guys." Asami said, starting to tear up. "You'll all write to me, right?"

"Of course!" The three small girls cried.

"Take care, Asami." Kanao said, bowing her head.

"Don't cause them trouble, ok?" Aoi said, stifling her own tears.

"I won't." Asami smiled. "Guess I'm off now. See you all later! Bye bye!" She waved goodbye and left. She met up with the Uzuis at the front gates.

"Ready to go, kiddo?" Tengen grinned.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Asami nodded.

"It's gonna be so much fun!" Suma hugged Asami tightly.

"Off we go!" Tengen grabbed Asami and sat her up on his shoulders then took off running, Asami laughing the whole time.