38

"There! First step is finally done!" Haganezuka grinned as he held up the sword he had been working on for Tanjiro. As Asami had been helping Kanamori with Muichiro and stopping Kotetsu's bleeding, she had gotten a bad feeling about whatever's been going on with Tanjiro and Nezuko. She remembered how the demon from before had grown into two more demons when she cut off its head. It made her worry.

"Haganezuka, I deeply apologize for this and will be treating you to mitarashi dango afterwards." She bowed.

"Huh?" The man hummed. Before he knew it, Asami had already taken the sword in his hands and was making a mad dash back to the village. "Hey!! Get back here you brat!!" Haganezuka screamed, chasing after her.

When Asami finally got back to the village, she stood at the top of a cliff and saw Tanjiro chasing after a demon, who was running after the people of the village. She threw the sword down to her burgundy haired friend.

"Use it!!" She yelled from atop the cliff. Tanjiro turned around to see Asami getting attacked by an angry Haganezuka.

"Stop!! I'll kill you! Don't use it!!" He screamed, choking Asami. Kanamori did his best to hold the man back, but the wrath of the swordsmith was too powerful for Kanamori.

"Hurry! The sun is rising and he's gonna get away!" She shouted.

"Shitty brat!" Haganezuka swatted Asami.

"Ow!" She grunted.

Tanjiro used his Hinokami Kagura to cut off the demon's head. But the demon kept running. The sun was quickly rising. Asami hadn't realized this at first, but Nezuko was still outside. The demon girl sat at the bottom of the cliff, Tanjiro running back for her.

"Nezuko..." She breathed. "The demon!" The headless demon was still after humans. Before Asami had time to start climbing down the hill, the sun was already peaking over a hill. It burned Nezuko, the poor girl screaming in agony. Tanjiro tried to shield his sister, but she was still getting burned. Asami climbed down the cliff as quickly as she could. Nezuko had kicked her brother far away, towards the headless demon. Asami was still climbing down when Nezuko's screaming had stopped. Her breath hitched in her throat and she stopped climbing, knowing that she was gone now.

After staying on a tree branch for a moment, she decided to finally come back down. When she did, her breath was taken away once again.

Nezuko was standing in the sunlight. A big, toothy smile adorning her face.

Asami was too focused on Nezuko and Tanjiro that she hadn't realized Genya standing next to her. She looked over at him, her smile widening. She hugged him tightly, Genya reciprocating the hug very timidly. Asami let out a long, heavy sigh, before collapsing and passing out.

One week later

"Plans to revitalize and move the swordsmith village had to be expedited. Once it turns to night, the demons will come. Despite the fact that they were attacked by to Upper Moons, the village casualties were kept to a minimum. There was no time to mourn the fallen. Demons wouldn't wait. The world will never shop turninh even when human lives are lost." A Kakushi named Gotou explained once Asami and Tanjiro had woken up.

"Oh. I see." Tanjiro murmured. "So they moved the village."

"We've made a number of 'dead villages'. So if anything happens, they can move there." Gotou said.

"That's good." Asami let out a sigh of relief.

"Man, you guys were out cold for seven days. Are you ok to eat?" Gotou asked.

"Mitsuri said to eat a lot, so we are." Asami replied, already eating her fourth bowl of ramen.

"That person seems a little weird though." The Kakushi muttered. Asami snapped her head to look at the Kakushi, chucking the nearest object at him.

"Jerk face!" She yelled, going back to slurping her ramen.

"Miss Kanroji raised Asami, so I would watch what you say about her." Tanjiro chuckled. Gotou shivered before changing the subject.

"So apparently, the Love and Mist Hashiras slept for two days, then were at full power on the third?" He asked.

"Yup! You should totally respect them for that." Asami hinted in a snarky voice.

"At least you're getting better quickly. I'm really happy everyone's alive. Oh! I really wanted to ask this. I heard something bad happened to your sister. Is she ok?" Gotou asked.

"Oh, yeah! She can walk in the sun now." Tanjiro grinned with a mouth full of food.

"Isn't that bad! Like really bad? What's gonna happen now? What the heck is up with your sister?"

"They're looking into it now, but we don't know. We don't know if she's gonna turn back into a human or if she's gonna become a full demon." Tanjiro explained.

"Lady Kocho's looking into it?" Gotou questioned.

"No, Lady Tamayo is." Tanjiro grinned.

"Who's Lady Tamayo?" Asami inquired. Just then, Tanjiro started choking on his onigiri.

"Holy shit! You're eating too fast!! You're just recovering so take it easy!" The Kakushi patted Tanjiro's back harshly to help his choking.

"Where are Sumi, Kiyo and Naho when you need them?" Asamk sighed. "I'm surprised Aoi isn't in here either."

"None of the hunters are in serious condition now, so they're still playing around with Nezuko. Since she can speak a bit now." Tanjiro said once his throat was cleared.

"Really! That's so cool!" Asami smiled, excited to hear Nezuko's voice for the first time.

"Well, things will get out of hand once that yellow guy arrives." Gotou said.

"Yellow guy- do you mean Zenitsu?" Asami asked. Then it dawned on her that the love-sick boy would go even crazier than he usually is. Another question popped into her head. "Genya. Is Genya alright?" She demanded.

"The one with the crazy haircut? Yeah, he's fine. He was in here for three days straight, just sitting by you before Aoi had to get him to leave." Gotou replied. A light blush dusted Asami's cheeks. Tanjiro smiled.

"I knew it!" He beamed.

"Knew what?" Asami covered her face.

"You two are together!" Tanjiro grinned, eating more onigiri.

"Just don't tell anyone! Not Zenitsu, not Inosuke, not Mitsuri. No one. Cuz if word gets out and it reaches Sanemi, I'll probably end up dead." Asami shivered.

"I see. But can I tell Nezuko?" Tanjiro asked. Asami wanted to say no, but she couldn't bring herself to say no to anything Nezuko related.

"Sure. But make sure she doesn't tell anyone else either. Pinky swear it." She reached out her pinky to Tanjiro. The boy held out his own, and the two locked pinky's in a pinky promise.

"Good. As for you, Gotou... No witnesses." Asami said. The Kakushi booked it out of the Butterfly Estate before Asami could get out of her bed.