43

Genya's ears and face had gone past beet red. He seemed to have stopped functioning when Asami told him she loved him. Steam blew out of his ears and blood trickled out of his nose.

"Crap!" Asami went wide eyed, grabbing a leaf and shoving it up Genya's nose. "Sorry!" She apologized.

"It's fine..." Genya answered slowly, coming back to his senses.

"Thank you, Genya. I don't know if this will mean much, but I'm sure that really deep down in Sanemi's heart, he loves you. Growing up with Mitsuri, I've found a way to spot even the faintest bit of love from someone. Took a long time to find love in Sanemi, but it's there." Asami smiled. She gave Genya's hand a tiny squeeze. "Let's go to bed." She yawned, exhaustion hitting her like a truck.

Genya helped Asami out of the tree, even though Asami could have managed on her own, and the two of them returned to the Stone Pillar's home. They said goodnight to each other then went to their respective rooms.

The next morning, Tanjiro was serving food. Asami sat with Genya and they ate together. Tanjiro made conversation with Murata again, as well as a few other Slayers. They all seemed discouraged from the training, and many of them had left.

After breakfast, Asami returned to her rock. She stared it down as if it had eyes that would look back at her with a menacing gaze. She placed her hands on the rock and pushed. Asami thought of her frustrations, hoping that it might make her stronger to overcome this obstacle, but instead she just fell down again. Asami huffed an irritated sigh and sat back up. She decided to go find Gyomei and ask him how the hell she was supposed to move a boulder through a whole town.

"Gyomei?" Asami called, walking through the Stone Estate.

"What is it, young one?" The deep voice from Himejima rumbled. Asami jumped from the sudden boom and turned around to find the giant standing behind her.

"I have a question about the rock training." She started. "How am I supposed to push a rock that's bigger than you? It feels impossible."

"How did you defeat those Upper Moons?" Gyomei answered her question with a question of his own.

"It wasn't just me, though. I had a Hashira with me. I don't know if you noticed, but I'm really not that strong." Asami frowned.

"Flex your arm." Gyomei said.

"Huh?" Asami blinked.

"Just do it." The girl sighed, continuously confused with the Hashira. She flexed her arm, her muscles bulging a little bit. Gyomei wrapped three of his fingers around her bicep and squeezed gently. "See? You're very strong." Himejima sat down, criss crossing his legs. He pat the spot in front of him as a way to tell Asami to sit with him. "Tell me about how you and Tokito defeated the Upper Moon and saved the swordsmiths." He said. And so, Asami told him about her little adventure with Muichiro.

"When Tokito was stuck in that Demon Art, you held off the demon by yourself. I'd say that's strong." Gyomei said, a kind smile on his face.

"With the mark, I'm really strong. Without it, I'm mediocre." Asami said.

"Well, if you're incredibly strong with your mark, then I guess you'll just have to reawaken it in order to move the boulder. Complaining about being weak won't make you strong. Doing something to change will make you strong." Himejima told her, standing up from his sitting position. Asami pouted as she stood up.

"Guess I'll go train then." Asami said. "See you later, Gyomei."

"Goodbye, young one." Himejima smiled, starting to cry again.

Asami left the estate and returned once more to her boulder. She thought, instead of going at the rock head first, she should try to be a little more calm when approaching it. Asami climbed on top of the boulder and just sat on it for a little while. She sat and observed the nature around her.

Birds sang their songs, and a light breeze blew by. She smelled the fresh air and just relaxed for a small moment. It had felt like months since she was able to get a quiet moment to herself. Asami was always with Tanjiro or Genya or one of the other Hashira that she never really had any alone time. It felt nice, but odd.

A little bee buzzed by Asami and landed on her shoulder. It crawled around her bare shoulder for a few seconds before flying off to a nearby flower. Asami smiled at the bee, remembering Mitsuri's bees back at the Love Mansion.

"I feel a little better now." Asami sighed lightly. She slid off the boulder and stretched her arms before attempting to push the rock again. She pushed as hard as she could, but the rock didn't move.

"If you're incredibly strong with your mark, then I guess you'll just have to reawaken it to move the boulder." Gyomei's words rung in her head.

"Easy said than done, old man." Asami muttered. An idea popped in her head, causing her to run back to the Stone Mansion.

"Inosuke! Tanjiro! Zenitsu! I need you guys right now!" Asami shouted. Zenitsu appeared out of no where, Inosuke sprinted at the girl and tackled her, and Tanjiro jogged over to Asami.

"What is it?" Tanjiro asked, a concerned expression on his face.

"Get off her, dumbass!!" Zenitsu screamed.

"I need you guys to fight me." Asami said, shoving Inosuke off her.

"Finally!!" Inosuke laughed manically.

"What's this about, Asami?" Tanjiro blinked.

"I talked to Gyomei a little bit ago and he told me that I'll have to reawaken my mark in order to move that dumb rock. When I first awakened it, I was fighting for my life, so I thought that if I fought you guys it might awaken again." Asami explained, alright fighting Inosuke.

"I guess that makes sense. But are you sure about fighting all three of us at once is gonna make your mark appear again? I mean, when you fought Shinazugawa back at the Wind Estate your mark didn't show up." Tanjiro reasoned.

"I guess that's true." Asami replied, throwing a punch to Inosuke. Inosuke dodged the punch and grabbed her fist, throwing her over his shoulder. He cackled and tossed her in the air.

"You're crazy." Zenitsu said. He caught Asami before Inosuke could and held her tightly. "I would never hit a lady." He grinned.

"Asami, I don't think fighting us is going to work." Tanjiro said.

"Why not?" Asami asked, jumping down from Zenitsu's grasp.

"In the fight with that Upper Moon, it was a life or death situation. I don't think sparring with us will put you in that kind of situation. I'm sorry, Asami." The burgundy haired boy said.

"I guess that's true." Asami muttered under her breath. "Sorry for wasting your guys' time." She said.

"It's alright. I was just about to stop for the day anyways." Tanjiro smiled. "Let's go eat!"

"Race you there!" Inosuke cackled, sprinting to the dining room. When the boar headed boy got there, Asami was already sitting down and waiting for her food. "How the hell did you beat me!?" He demanded.

"I was hungry." Was all Asami said. The group of friends ate their food then went about doing whatever it was they did at this time of day.