24

"You can summon all the underlings you want, but there'll still be no blissful future waiting for you!" Gyutaro said. "You're all going to die, anyway. First, the pretty girl. Then these boys. And lastly, the Hashira! So stop staring with those sparkling eyes!" He seethed.

"We're going to win! Us the Demon Slayers!" Tengen declared.

"No way you can win! Not when the Hashira who's your only hope is ravaged by poison! Not to mention, that girl!" The Obi Demon announced to the newcomers.

"Poison?" Tanjiro gasped, turning to look at Tengen and Asami.

"Oh, we're going to win easy, you dumbass bottom-feeders!" Asami shouted.

"I'm at the top of my game when I'm shackled by poison in my system!" Tengen added.

"Oh, spare us your bravado!" The sister demon demanded.

"Shut up! Don't you dare underestimate humans! All four of these children are my brilliant Tsuguko! They have relentless grit!" Uzui stated.

"Yeah we do!" Inosuke boasted.

"Even if their limbs fall off, they won't let go! And I've already identified how to bring you down. Beheading you at the same time! Both of you at the same time! Am I right? Otherwise, there'd be no reason to disperse your respective skills rather than assimilating your weak sister into yourself! HA HA!! Easy-peasy, you two!" Uzui laughed.

"I see! It's that simple! We've as good as won, huh?" Inosuke's cocky voice implied a giant smirk on his face under his mask.

"All those Demon Slayers perished because they couldn't do that simple thing. Not even the Hashira! Fifteen for me and seven for my sister. That's how many we've devoured!" Gyutaro smiled.

"You heard him! Not a single one lived to see daybreak! Long nights are always on our side, after all. Every last one of you, just die!" The sister demon sent her sash tentacles at Tengen, hoping to strike him down. The fast asleep Zenitsu took action, using his breathing technique to cut up the obi and shot himself and the sister demon to the roof of the building.

"Zenitsu!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Leave that worm woman to me and Sleepyhead! You three go defeat that praying mantis! Got that?" Inosuke ordered.

"Watch your back!" Tanjiro advised.

Throughout these interactions, Asami's breathing had gotten heavy. Much like Uzui's. The purple around the cut on her cheek had gotten a little darker, and she had built up a sweat.

"Are you ok to fight, Asami?" Tanjiro asked.

"Yep. We're gonna defeat this demon, no problem." She said, giving Tanjiro a reassuring grin.

"That's the spirit, Asami!" Tengen said.

"I won't let you kill my sister. You'll all die before I let that happen." Gyutaro grinned his sickening grin. Suddenly, the skinny demon started monologuing. "You're wrong about that! The horrible things done to us. The things that made us suffer. We do them back to others and collect on those debts. We can never make up for our own misfortune unless we collect it from the blessed. Because that's the way we live out lives! We've killed off everyone who's ever leveled false accusations at us, right? We're going to slash your windpipes just like we did to the others!" Gyutaro had closed his left eye in the middle of his sudden speech.

During the brother demon's speech, Asami felt a cold chill go down her spine. She wanted to pretend that she was fine, but the words that he spoke scared her. As well as how he said them. That Akaza bastard didn't talk like this. Instead, he was more excited rather than scary. Though, his power was enough to make anyone fear him.

Get it together, Kaneko! You can't let anyone else get hurt! Keep everyone safe! Like Kyojuro would! She thought angrily. The instant Gyutaro moves, I have to cut off his head. Right when he moves!

Gyutaro raced forward, seemingly using teleportation. His poison doused Blood Sickle was at Tanjiro's chin when Asami swung her fan, cutting off the demon's arm.

I did it! She cheered in her head.

Tengen threw Tanjiro back behind him to keep him out of harms way. Uzui and Kaneko continued their assault on the brother demon, using Sound Breathing and Petal Breathing. The sudden strikes of pinkish purple sash tentacles coming from the sky made Asami break away from the fight. She helped Tanjiro cut down the sash tentacles.

"Them being your Tsuguko was a lie, right? With the exception of the pretty girl, your movements are out of sync! What a total bust!" Gyutaro insulted. More obi ends came striking through the roof, getting really close to Tengen. Too close for Asami's liking. She flipped through the air to cut down as many of the sash tentacles as she could. Tengen also threw more of his little bombs.

Asami was too preoccupied with the Obi Demon's sash to notice the incoming Flying Blood Sickles. One heading her way, and the other two towards Tengen. Another sharp sash was striking down on her.

Time seemed to slow down for her. She held one fan flat above her head to cover herself from the obi, and the other fan in front of her to block the Blood Sickle. She swatted her hand to the side in a way that resembled backhanding someone across the face. Asami rolled out from underneath the sash tentacle and quickly stood to her feet. She sprinted away from the sickle and towards Tanjiro to help him out.

"Are you alright?" She hollered as they fought the obi.

"Yes! And you?" He responded, sounding a little strained.

"After this, we need a vacation!" Asami pulled Tanjiro out from under another incoming attack.

"Thanks." He breathed.

"Don't mention it. But there's still more!" She and Tanjiro continued helping the Sound Pillar as much as they could, cutting down sash tentacles. At one point, Asami noticed that Tanjiro no longer accompanied her. She worried about it, but told herself she needed to focus on helping Uzui or else things could get worse.

The fight against the Upper Six demons moved outside thanks to Tengen's Sound Breathing. As Uzui attacked and retreated his arms, Kaneko would attack, leaving very little time for Gyutaro to recover. A new noise snatched Asami's attention for a brief moment. Dozens of kunai were shot out of a contraption Asami had never seen before. They seemed to be targeted at the demon, seeing that it was a human who shot the kunai.

A smile grew on Asami's face, her purple cheek spilling more blood with the movement. She recognized this woman to be the third wife of Tengen; Hinatsuru! She was safe and alive!

Asami turned her yellow gaze back to Gyutaro, now even more pumped up to finish him off. She and Tengen continued their attacks on the demon. Two of the kunai did end up piercing Asami's shoulder and arm, but she was too focused on the demon to really acknowledge them. It stung, but it wasn't enough to pull her attention away from Gyutaro.

Upper Six created a dome of slashes to keep the kunai away from him. Asami jumped backward to stay away from his deadly slashes. Once he was done, Uzui lunged forward and cut off his legs. Gyutaro didn't regenerate his legs. Why was that?

Tanjiro sprinted forward, his sword maybe a centimeter away from Gyutaro's neck. Asami grinned as she watched her friend.