Giyuu Tomioka

in this oneshot asami is eight

Asami walked through Demon Slayer Headquarters with no destination in mind. She didn't have any appointments with Shinobu today so she was given the day to herself. It was a pretty hot day so Asami wore a light green yukata that came to her knees. Her hair was styled into a bun with a couple pink pins to keep it in place.

As she kept walking, a tune was stuck in her head. She found herself humming it quietly to herself. Asami shut her eyes peacefully and continued her stroll. With her eyes closed, she couldn't see what was in front of her. Asami accidentally bumped into someone, a soft grunt sounding from both of them. Asami opened her yellow eyes to find she had bumped into Tomioka, the Water Hashira.

"Oh no! I'm sorry!" She apologized, dusting off his mismatched haori.

"You should watch were you're going." The man said with his monotonous voice. His dull blue eyes shown a tiny hint of interest. "What was that song you were humming just a moment ago?" He asked.

"It's a song my mom used to sing to me and my brother. I can't really remember the words, but I remember the tune." She replied, a small, nostalgic smile gracing her face.

"It sounds familiar." Tomioka breathed. "Anyways, goodbye." The Water Pillar walked away. Asami blinked.

"Wait a minute!" She ran after the black haired man. "That's it?" She frowned.

"I didn't exactly plan on speaking with you, so yes. That's all." Tomioka seemed to vanish into thin air, when in actuality he moved too quickly for Asami's eyes to process. She groaned and tossed her head into the air.

"I just wanted to keep talking to him!" She said aloud. Asami sighed and walked to the Water Estate, hoping Tomioka would be there. She knocked on the door, waiting for a response. On the other side of the door, was none other than the Water Pillar. He sighed quietly when he heard the young girl knocking on the door. Against his better judgment, he opened the door and let Asami inside.

"What is it?" The man asked.

"I wanted to talk." Asami answered.

"About what?" Tomioka sat down in his unfurnished home. Asami sat in front of him.

"Anything you're willing to answer to!" The girl grinned a big, toothy grin. Tomioka sighed again. "So, for starters, what's your favorite food?" She asked.

"Salmon daikon, I suppose." He replied.

"I'll have to get Mitsuri to make you some!" Asami said. "Next, what's your favorite color?"

"I don't exactly have one, but if I had to pick, it would be light blue." Tomioka said.

"Who's your best friend in the Demon Slayer Corps?" Asami asked. Tomioka tensed up, not replying. Asami gasped. "I'm sorry." She lowered her head.

"It isn't your fault. It's mine." Tomioka whispered. "If you don't mind, I'd like to be alone for a while." He stood up. Asami nodded, standing up also. Before she left the Estate, Asami hugged Tomioka, the black haired man breathing in sharply at the action.

"I'm sure they were just as cool as you are Giyuu." Asami said. She then left the estate.