5

TW: Violence and PTSD

Asami had set off on her mission to kill her very first demon as an official Demon Slayer. She was excited, but also nervous. Her Kasugai crow perched itself on her shoulder and took a nap as they traveled to the town West from Headquarters.

It was dusk by the time Asami had found the town and her crow, which she had named Mochi, had woken up. Asami quietly walked around the town, seeing many missing posters with names of children. It broke her heart to see for herself how many kids one demon has eaten.

"Where do you think it is, Mochi?" The girl asked her crow. The blueish black crow didn't respond. Asami kept looking around, trying to find some sort of clue that could help her in finding this demon. After another hour of looking around the town, she started getting hungry, so Asami went into a small ramen restaurant to eat. She ordered five big bowl of ramen and a few rice balls for her dinner. She ate them quickly, then paid and left to continue her search.

"Help me!" Someone screamed. Asami quickly rushed in the direction of the voice, her fans in hand. But when she got there, it was already too late for the child. Only it's kimono remained, as well as blood that had been splattered. It made Asami want the vomit all of her dinner.

A sickening laugh was heard behind the Demon Slayer. She snapped her head behind her to see a large demon with a long tongue and lots of spikes. It's slitted pupils stared Asami up and down, drool falling from its open mouth.

"Another kid for me to eat! Tonight just keeps getting better and better!" It grinned evilly.

"How many children have you taken from this town?" Asami demanded. The demon thought for a moment before humming.

"Too many to count." He laughed.

"And not once did you think about the families you've ruined? How many parents who will never recover from having their child killed?" She yelled, growing more and more angry.

"Listen, girl. A demon has to eat to live." The demon pointed a sharp finger at Asami.

"It'd be better if you just dropped dead." She seethed. Angry churned in Asami's stomach. "You will never be forgiven for this heinous crime!"

"And what are you gonna do about it, girl?" The demon had a cocky smirk on his face.

"My name is Asami Kaneko. My face will be the last you ever see. For murdering the children of this town, you will die." She took a deep breath, readying herself for her attack. "Petal Breathing. Fourth form: Cypress Death." She muttered.

She opened her war fans to their fullest extent. Asami flipped in the air towards this disgusting demon. As she was just in front of it, she brought her right leg straight down, kicking the demon square in the face. In retaliation, the demon swung his large arm at Asami. The girl blocked his attack with the side of her fan. She spun around twice, swinging her war fans around to cut the demon. She was disappointed in herself to find she had missed the neck. However, she did manage to cut off one of the demon's arms, but it grew back quickly.

"You insulant pig! You cut my arm!" The demon wailed.

"Shut up already!" Asami shouted. "Petal Breathing. First form: Rose Thorns." Asami whipped around the demon, rapidly changing her direction to throw him off, and making small nicks and incisions on the demon. She kept this up before finally slicing off its head.

"You'll pay for this!" The demon shouted, its decapitated body sluggishly walking towards Asami with its arms extended. Asami, still angry with the demon, cut off both arms. She watched it turn to ash and float away.