39

A day has passed since Tanjiro had gotten confirmation of Asami and Genya's relationship. And unfortunately for Genya, he had been moved into the same room as Asami and Tanjiro for his resting and treatment. Tanjiro would randomly look at the couple and smile widely. It annoyed Genya greatly, the poor boy only being able to turn over in his bed. Asami on the other hand would sigh, knowing she couldn't do anything about Tanjiro and his extreme happiness for them.

Today, a familiar face reappeared. Unfortunately for Asami, it was Haganezuka. She hadn't been able to give him the mitarashi dango like she promised.

"Haganezuka!" Tanjiro greeted with that bright smile of his. "So are you feeling better now? That's great!" Haganezuka wheezed, holding a sheathed sword and something else hidden in a small box. He handed the sword to Tanjiro and the box to Asami.

"Thank you very much." Asami said, not sure what to expect when she opened this box. She waited for Tanjiro to unsheathe his sword before opening her box.

"Mr. Rengoku's hilt! Thank you for keeping Kotetsu safe." Tanjiro murmured. Gotou offered a seat to Haganezuka, but the man just kept breathing heavily. He told Tanjiro to open the blade. When he did, they all marveled at the craftsmanship of the sword.

"Amazing. There's a different depth of black here." Tanjiro said.

"And the steel is good quality. The previous wielder must have been a very strong swordsman. The character 'Metsu' for destruction. The swordsmith ho forged this blade made it to destroy all the demons. He didn't leave a single clue about his identity. There was nothing but that character. Apparently, the demon slayers hierarchy was established after this blade was made. And that's why only the pillars get the characters 'Akki messatsu' or 'destroy all evil demons' on them." Haganezuka monologued.

"Oh, I see now. What an amazing sword... But I don't think I saw the character when I used it last time." Tanjiro said. A sudden dark aura grew around Haganezuka.

"That's because you little goddamn dipshits took the sword from me while I only managed to finish stage one of the process. I didn't even get the damn rust off. Imma kill you." Haganezuka threatened.

"I'm sorry!" Asami and Tanjiro apologized.

"The fact that there are irremovable scratches on this blade right now is making me cry waterfalls. The pain is physically killing me!!! Thanks to you dumbasses using the blade during the grinding process, I had to start the whole thing from fucking scratch!" The man pinched the two slayers' cheeks harshly.

"We're sorry!!"

"But this guy had some pretty bad wounds himself. There were broken bones all over his body." Gotou said.

"Imm kill you!! Listen, you two! You're gonna have to bring me mitarashi dumplings from now on until the day I die, right?" Haganezuka poked them aggressively.

"Okay, I'll do that!"

"I already promised you I would!" The two of them yelped as Haganezuka's mask poked their faces. Haganezuka finally stepped back, shaking with anger. He motioned for Asami to open her box. She did so, and inside were two new war fans. These fans were beautifully crafted. The handle had a little white tassel, and the cover for the fans had been painted with a little swirly, flower-y design on it. Asami took out both fans and flicked them open, allowing their color to appear. Her nichirin fans changed color from its original grey, to a beautiful lavender purple.

"I had to rush when I made them, so I could deliver both weapons to you two. I swear to the gods, if you break or loose my babies, I'll hunt you down." Haganezuka pointed at them.

"Thank you very much, Haganezuka." Asami and Tanjiro bowed their heads. The man then left the Butterfly Mansion.

"I had only heard rumors about him, but he's pretty intense." Gotou muttered.

"Actually, he was pretty mild today. It looked like he was in pain." Asami said.

"You're kidding..." Gotou trailed off.

"You people have been blabbing on and on for a while there." Genya's tired voice said.

"Oh, sorry Genya." Asami smiled.

"We're done now. Sorry about the commo-" Just as Tanjiro was about to finish his sentence, a rather loud being smashed through the window, cackling.

"Inosuke!! Why'd you break the window!! You dumbass! Lady Kocho's gonna kill you!!" Gotou screamed. Genya rolled over and covered his ears. Asami rubbed her temples with her fingers.

"Stronger! Stronger! Stronger!! We're gonna have a super hard training session now!! Lots of strong people are coming to train... and some hubble dubble I can't remember what they were talking about." Inosuke seemed super excited about whatever was going on.

"What do you mean?" Tanjiro inquired.

"No clue at all!!"

sorry for the shorter chapter! my internet is being slow as shit

have a wonderful morning/day/afternoon/evening/night <3