20

Inosuke busted a hole in the wall again and ran through it, Asami still following closely. They ran through the walls and ceiling layers in the Ogimoto House. Thanks to Inosuke's hard head, they were able to get in and out of the floor. Unfortunately for the ladies working there, the pair scared just about everyone.

"I'm totally feeling the demon's presence!" Inosuke laughed.

"It's here then?" Asami asked. Inosuke began slashing at the floor with his jagged swords. "You found it! Great work, Inosuke!" Asami praised.

"My killer instincts brought us to the hole that'll lead us to the demon's lair! Get ready to die!" Inosuke dove head first into the hole, only to be blocked by something that made his whole body go stiff. The ladies watching from the end of the hallway screamed.

"Crap! Are you ok?" Asami held back her laughter. "Seems only a head can fit in there." She thought out loud.

"That won't stop Lord Inosuke!" The boy cackled. He raised his arms and popped his joints out of place. Asami cringed at this. "As long as my head can fit through, there isn't anywhere I can't go!" He boasted. Inosuke dove back into the hole and swerved around like a worm.

"Sorry, Inosuke. I can't with dirt. I'll have one of the mice go with you and then report back to me to give me a different way to get there." Asami said. One of the Muscle Mice hopped off her shoulder and followed Inosuke. Moments later, the flamboyant mouse returned and shook its head. It pointed back down the hole. Asami sighed.

"Is it really the only way?" She asked the mouse. The Muscle Mouse nodded. "Alright. I guess it's a good thing I'm not all that curve-y." Asami took a deep breath and shut her eyes as she shoved herself through the hole. She tried her damnedest to not open her eyes until she was all the way through the hole, but of course, her eyes opened and she saw how much dirt she was getting on her haori. The tight space also didn't help.

"Inosuke." She called, her voice cracking a little.

"What?" The boys harsh voice responded.

"I know this is gonna sound stupid, but can you please help me?" Asami felt something wet trickle down her face.

"Why? Can't you get through yourself?"

"Please! I hate dirt so much! So please help me!" She cried out. She heard Inosuke sigh. Something poked her nose and she opened her tightly shut eyes. It was Inosuke's sword wrapped in cloth.

"Grab on and I'll pull you through." He uttered. Asami wriggled her hands in front of her and grabbed onto the sword tightly. Inosuke pulled the girl through the rest of the hole easily. "It's just dirt. Nothing to cry about." He said.

"Dirt just creeps me out so much!" Asami wiped her face of the soil and her tears.

"If you hate dirt so much then what was the point in coming down here? I could have handled it." The boy huffed.

"I wanted to help." She said.

"Then stand up! We gotta save them!" Inosuke ordered. Asami nodded and stood up. She refused to look at her haori, knowing it would only make her more upset and less useful. When she looked up and around the demon lair, her eyes went wide.

"Are they still alive?" She held a hand to her mouth.

"It feels like it." Inosuke replied.

"I trust your instincts. They haven't been wrong yet." Asami said. "So it traps the humans inside an obi?"

"Looks like it." The pair walked around, observing the women in the obi. Inosuke wasn't watching wear he was stepping and rattled bones. "Then it takes them out whenever it wants and devours them." Asami felt her stomach churn.