55

The say after Tanjiro and Nezuko visited, Asami had been the tiniest bit on edge. She felt kind of flustered about this new guy that the Kamado siblings wanted her to meet. And, as fate would have it, the man named Daisuke had shown up at her door. Asami felt nervous for the first time in a long time. Why was she nervous though? She really had no reason to be.

Asami opened her door and greeted Daisuke. He was a little shorter than Asami, probably 5'6. Though, Asami had gone through a large growth spurt and was now 5'10. He had short dark brown hair and vivid green eyes. He had a tiny beauty mark on the side of his chin and he wore a simple kimono.

"Hello. Are you Daisuke?" Asami asked, bowing respectfully.

"Yes. I'm Daisuke Sato. It's a pleasure to meet you." Daisuke also bowed. Asami allowed him into her home and prepared some tea for the two of them. They sat at the table and drank their chamomile tea.

"Your garden is beautiful." Daisuke said, starting small talk.

"Thank you. Gardening has been a hobby of mine for as long as I can remember." Asami smiled.

"I know. I remember how big your garden was before you left." Daisuke reminisced.

"Hm? How would you remember that?" Asami raised a brow.

"I was a neighbor of yours. I would sometimes play with your little brother." Daisuke grinned.

That's when a memory came flooding back into Asami's head. She remembered a boy about a year younger than her who would play samurai with Tadashi.

"I remember now!" Asami smiled.

"Ya know, I've always liked you. Ever since we were kids. And when you left, I got really sad. You don't have to answer now, but know that I've fallen in love with you." Daisuke took a final sip of him tea before standing up. Asami was a blushing mess. "Thank you for the tea, Asami. It was nice to see you again." He gave her a closed eye smile.

"Yeah. It was nice seeing you, too. Come by anytime, Daisuke." She offered.

"Would tomorrow be a good day?" Daisuke tried to set up a day.

"Mhm. I don't have anything going on. I'll be here." She replied. And with that, Daisuke left her home. Asami was left in silence. She wasn't sure what to think.

First off, how on earth did Tanjiro know Daisuke? And why now? All that lovey dovey stuff is getting to that boy's head. But maybe having Daisuke over more wouldn't be so bad.

But then again, he told her that he was in love with her. How was she supposed to react to that? Sure, he wasn't that bad looking, but she had just reunited with this guy after thirteen years. People change over time. Asami isn't exactly the same six year old she once was. This was all super confusing.

"I'm gonna take a nap." Asami sighed. Kaburamaru had been tucked away in her kimono, so he poked his head out from her collar. Asami stroked his snake head, then retreated to her bedroom to sleep.

The next day, Daisuke had returned to her home and the two of them hung out. Daisuke had brought over a large watermelon as a gift, as well as a very pretty hair pin. Asami asked him what he did for a living, and found out he worked as a well renowned potter. She asked to see some of his work, to which Daisuke obliged gladly. He brought her to his shop and showed her some of his recent pots. They were painted and sculpted beautifully.

One that particularly caught her eye was a pink and green painted pot. It was small, small enough to hold a succulent.

"Is that one for sale?" Asami asked.

"Do you want it?" Daisuke answered with a question.

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't want it." Asami deadpanned.

"Right." Daisuke chuckled. "Yes, it's for sale. Usually, I'd sell it for 5,000 yen. But for you, I'd sell it for 100." He bargained.

"It's a done deal." Asami grinned. She payed the one hundred yen and took it back home. Daisuke held the pot for her while they walked back.

"So, Asami," Daisuke began. "You didn't just leave the village because you wanted to, did you?" He asked. Asami paused.

"I'm surprised you didn't know." She blinked.

"Know what?" Daisuke tilted his head.

"My family was killed by demons." Asami explained.

"Really? I'm so sorry." Daisuke gasped.

"It's ok. I've gotten passed it now." Asami smiled. "I don't know if you've heard about this as well, but I was in the final fight with Muzan, the creator of the demons. That's why my arm is missing and I have this scar on my cheek." She explained, pointing at the right side of her face.

"I didn't think the town rumors were true. Do you need help with anything else?" The green eyed man offered, now feeling bad about her past.

"No no. I've managed for about three years now!" She waved it off. "Thanks for the offer though."

"I can make us dinner tonight if that's alright." Daisuke added. The mention of food made Asami's stomach grumble.

"That'd be really nice." She blushed in embarrassment. They continued their walk back to Asami's house so Daisuke could get started on dinner.

While cooking, he noticed the large amount of food already there. He asked Asami what she wanted to eat, to which Asami answered with sixty bowls of soba. Daisuke was a little taken aback, as most people are when they find out how much the young woman eats. He made the meal and brought it over to Asami.

The two of them sat at the table and slurped their noodles. Asami thanked Daisuke for the meal. He was a very good cook. All the noodles were cooked to perfection and the flavor was amazing.

Daisuke made small talk at dinner again, asking Asami a few questions about her life in the Demon Slayer Corps. She told him a few of her favorite stories about her Hashira caretakers and her good friends. Daisuke listened intently, remembering every detail about these people. Based on Asami's storytelling, he made up his mind that he didn't like Sanemi Shinazugawa that much because of how much he fought Asami. He really liked Shinobu Kocho and Kyojuro Rengoku.

"They all seemed like great people." He said with a soft smile.

"They were the best. They died too soon." Asami murmured.

"They still live on in your memories. And one day they'll get reincarnated again." Daisuke said.

"Thank you, Daisuke." She smiled. Asami glanced outside and noticed how late it was now. "It's gotten really late. I don't want you going out at night. If you're alright with it, you should just stay the night." She offered.

"If you insist."

"I'll prepare a futon for you really quick. Just wait here." She got up from the table and went to get his futon ready. When she did, she called for him. Daisuke went into the room. Inside, Asami had gotten him some spare night clothes as well. Waiting outside the bedroom, she let him change his clothes. Then, she went back in her room, and the two of them fell asleep in their respective bedding.